Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone not do large quilts because (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-not-do-large-quilts-because-t56947.html)

Jim's Gem 07-30-2010 11:13 AM

I still make them. I have several of them hanging around already sandwiched cause I don't know how I want to quilt them.

tortoisethreads 07-30-2010 11:49 AM

Good thread...I just finished quilting a queen size on my little Viking and good heavens...I'm glad I'm done! It took me a while because it was so much. I actually think I enjoy hand quilting the larger one's more because it sits nicely on my frame. When I machine quilt it's all over me and the table and everywhere.

IrishNY 07-30-2010 05:11 PM

No. I don't make large quilts because I don't really like the look of quilts on a bed, so I make throw quilts and large baby quilts. I also get bored and like to finish and move on to the next project, so bigger quilts are not for me.

littlehud 07-30-2010 06:27 PM

I have made a few wall hangings and a few baby quilts but most of mine have been bed quilts. And most of them are queen size. I love the quilting but it was a huge project. I finally got a frame and it is so much easier. I have a Juki on mine so it isn't a long arm.

fryguymoore 07-30-2010 06:39 PM

I only made small projects too for that exact reason. I have my first ever quilt (queen size) in my closet half done where it will no doubt stay forever. I started quilting it on my machine and while it was fun at first it quickly became way too much work. I now use a very very good friends amazing longarm machine and I am now too spoiled to do it any other way. So, I still do mostly small things which I also enjoy as they get done so much quicker.

bejay28 07-30-2010 06:43 PM

I to, only make bed sized quilts! Yep, I put them together and either they go to the long arm lady or they get tied! I once made a quilt for a friend that was so large I thought it could cover the city I live in! That one also went to the long arm lady, yep costed a lot to be quilted but, the satisfaction I see when I give it away is priceless!

I have made placemats, and table runners.....I like to do that in between quilts.

Rosyhf 07-31-2010 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I do big quilts and the occasional little cute art thingy..but mostly king size as I love to put them on my beds. I also make single size...I even have Christmas Quilts lol.

Pinealpple Quilt, all Christmas fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21429[/ATTACH]

pittsburgpam 07-31-2010 04:53 PM

I've only done 4 quilts that I can think of that aren't at least twin sized, 3 were baby quilts and one is a lap quilt. I usually do them queen size. I just have this mindset that I am making them for beds so, they need to be large.

I recently got a long arm so I don't have to have them quilted by someone else and someday I'll be good enough to do my "better" quilts.

bejay28 07-31-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
I do big quilts and the occasional little cute art thingy..but mostly king size as I love to put them on my beds. I also make single size...I even have Christmas Quilts lol.

That is a beautifu quilt! Make me feel like Christmas is here!

Rosyhf 07-31-2010 05:45 PM

At one time I had packed all the Christmas fabric up to donate.

That same week a lady came and brought me three quilts to quilt on the LA and they were all made out of CF and they were stunning.

I was like, oohhhhhhh and I promptly pulled all those boxes right back in and started C. Quilts lol.