Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does it count if I broke my resolution before the New Year begins? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-count-if-i-broke-my-resolution-before-new-year-begins-t209741.html)

Jan in FL 12-31-2012 12:06 PM

Does it count if I broke my resolution before the New Year begins?

We recently bought a new home and I got a huge sewing room complete with a beautiful antique armoire to store all my fabric in. Holy Cow did I have a lot of fabric! And I have only been quilting/collecting a little over a year! It was almost embarrasing as I was packing my sewing room to move. My New Year's resolution is to sew only what I have....trust me, it won't be a problem as there is so much....and to not buy any new fabric until I use at least 3/4's of what I have. I already blew it today....ordering from Missouri Star and other various places. Did I think it was like the diet that starts tomorrow and I am eating everything I can today? One last fling before the resolution kicks in or do I truly have issues? Fabriholics anonymous, here I come. Hello, my name is Jan and I am a quilter....

DOTTYMO 12-31-2012 12:10 PM

No way . New year is the first of January 2013 not december 2012.

StashJunkieJan 12-31-2012 12:16 PM

Nope, doesn't count. However a word of caution, I seem to make that same resolution every year. But I have found that it's easier said than done. I will be determined to only use what I have and then as soon as I think I "might" do it I realize that I need just one more fabric to make that project perfect, or maybe I will be lacking "just a little bit" of something to complete it. Good luck though, and congrats on the new home and sewing space. :o

MimiBug123 12-31-2012 12:17 PM

I don't think that counts because the new year hasn't started. That gives you time to make a new resolution that won't be so hard to keep--like, ummm-I won't buy any more orange fabric with purple striped polka dots on it until the end of the year or until I use up my orange with purple striped polka dot fabric that I already have. That one works for me every year and I am able to keep it.

PaperPrincess 12-31-2012 12:30 PM

No you have until midnight tonight.... doesn't even have to be midnight in your time zone.

Phannie1 12-31-2012 12:34 PM

I always start in my stash but I end up at the store. I might have a few to get the blocks together but not for frames and borders. and then there is the backing.....

DogHouseMom 12-31-2012 02:11 PM

I made the same resolution ... then two things happened that will force me to break it. One is I started a new project and I know I will more of 3 of the fabrics to complete it. The other is that I got an e-mail from my LQS about a sale they are having tomorrow - New Years Day. I *hope* I can get just the three fabrics I need to complete my project but ... well ... it's a SALE gosh darn it!!

So I'm already *scheduled* to break my New Years resolution on New Years day!!

This can't end well.

Up North 12-31-2012 02:19 PM

My only news years resolution will be to write 2013 on my checks in stead of 2012!

Chasing Hawk 12-31-2012 02:22 PM

LOL..........You Ladies are all a bunch of enablers.........LOL

wait a minute so am I.........it doesn't count until 12:01 a.m Jan. 1, 2013

susie-susie-susie 12-31-2012 02:52 PM

I've gotta tell you, you will feel so good when you finish a quilt with fabrics you already have. Well, not a good as you do when you are admiring your new purchases, but good. I am almost finished with 2 tops that I made from leftover fabric from other quilts. One is red and gold and the other is batiks, and I must admit that it felt good and I didn't spend any money. At least not at that time--I did later 'cause it was burning a hole in my pocket. Besides, New Years Resolutions are meant to be broken!!!
Sue