Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does Everyone in this group..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-everyone-group-t54499.html)

Happy Tails 07-19-2010 02:55 AM

I don't

chamby 07-19-2010 09:06 AM

Hand quilting here. I use my sewing maching for the smaller projects such as lap quilts, table runners and so forth.

Covered in Threads 07-19-2010 10:57 AM

Have always done my on a domestic machine - Pfaff & Janome
I have owned a long arm in the past - Juki with New Horizons table and found it too restrictive for me. Found a new home for it, took the money I sold it for, went to my local LQS and got a Pfaff 2.0 with dual lights and long throat. Happy as a clam back in what I most comfortable with. Have test driven a number of machines but still prefer my domestics.

hpylady 07-19-2010 12:36 PM

I have done several quilts on my domestic machine, after quilting a King size on it, my husband saw how stressed out I was, he bought me a longarm Homesteader 22" and I love it. It is soooo much easier to quilt with the quilt all spread out evenly with no wrinkles in the backing. Now, I have to start back piecing again because I have already quilted all my quilts tops. I like to do the whole quilt by myself, piecing, quilting and binding.

I hope all you ladies/gents that want a longarm can someway get one soon. I am pulling for you. :)

cantrelld 07-19-2010 06:17 PM

I bought an HQ16 a couple of years ago. I just had a desire to complete the quilt start to finish without sending it out to a longarm quilter--just as I would never get around to handquilting anything I would also not struggle with quilting on a domestic machine--just lazy I guess. I really like it and I am content to just do pantographs at this point.

Sewlmatesister 07-20-2010 05:52 PM

I have an HQ16 too, only had it about 8 months...but I love it!!!!

christina bennett 07-22-2010 09:39 AM

Thank you for asking. I thougth I was the only one with out a long arm. I do think that I am in the dark ages tying my quilts. I can not do any fine work with my hands . I do a few on my machine,until I get overwhelmed and go back to tying..
And yes I am too frugal to send them out . You know,one pay check family?
Happy Quilting ,
christina (chrissy)

mayday 07-23-2010 07:54 AM

Wouldn't use even if I had one ------hand quilt only

rwquilts 07-23-2010 08:02 AM

Used to only hand quilt til I got waaaay too many tops done and fingers not enjoying the hand quilting process anymore. I had been quilting on my Janome with only a 5" neck space and got carpel tunnel issues...then DH bought me a Phaff Grand Quilter with a full sized frame...quilted a lot of tops on that. We recently moved and I don't have room for my frame so am back to quilting on the machine, but am using the Pfaff Grand Quilter, which makes the job sooo much easier! With anything larger than minis, I only stipple.

Ms Grace 07-23-2010 08:20 AM

I have my Juki on a Grace Mini Pinni frame.
Works great for me.
Before I had it, I just used my Pfaff to mostly stitch in the ditch.