Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your DH help you in your sewing room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-dh-help-you-your-sewing-room-t101587.html)

bamamama 02-20-2011 08:11 PM

I was in my sewing room paper piecing and my DH came up stairs to see what I was doing. He spent the entire afternoon with me lining up the fabric pcs. for me to stitch on next, pressing and trimming. I offered to get him going on one of my other machines but he declined. It was awesome to have someone to tear the paper off the back of my blocks and having his company for the afternoon was really nice.

lovequilts 02-20-2011 08:13 PM

That was so nice of him. What a lovey way to spend time together.

Jim's Gem 02-20-2011 08:13 PM

That was really sweet of him!!!
Mine doesn't help me unless I need a quilt held up for pictures or I need him to help me get into some of my totes full of fabrics from the garage, or unless I need his help for sandwiching a quilt. I do ask him about color and design choices. I share my "sewing" room with him and the computers. I enjoy having him in the same room with me and we can talk and I can throw things at him now and then.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-20-2011 08:15 PM

Mine helps me whenever I need to move furniture etc. He's great about it :)

amma 02-20-2011 08:16 PM

How fun for you both :D:D:D

DogHouseMom 02-20-2011 08:20 PM

No he does not and I like it that way. In fact today I screamed "out! out! OUT!" at him because I was counting pieces (had 140+ to count) and he was saying "27, 48, 3, 89". Then he picked up my 100+ 1" x 2" pinned pieces that were sorted by color, held the pin head in his finger tips and asked "what would you do if I pulled this pin out - is it important?" I told him I would stab him with the pin and shooed him out. He can be such a child sometimes. He likes to wind me up.

BUT ... when I ask him to help me photograph a quilt, or fold an extra large piece of fabric, or whatever - he's always a great help.

knlsmith 02-20-2011 08:21 PM

Yup. he helps pick out patterns, fabrics. help me decide what i want to put where on blocks and purses. Now that I have a LA, as soon as it is running properly, I bet he tries it out. he won't the regular machines, especially my 1600 (its really fast and scary to him). But he did make a comment at a show one time how he didn't want to try it because he's afraid he would like it. OMG! What if we had 2 long arms! LMAO

knlsmith 02-20-2011 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
No he does not and I like it that way. In fact today I screamed "out! out! OUT!" at him because I was counting pieces (had 140+ to count) and he was saying "27, 48, 3, 89". Then he picked up my 100+ 1" x 2" pinned pieces that were sorted by color, held the pin head in his finger tips and asked "what would you do if I pulled this pin out - is it important?" I told him I would stab him with the pin and shooed him out. He can be such a child sometimes. He likes to wind me up.

BUT ... when I ask him to help me photograph a quilt, or fold an extra large piece of fabric, or whatever - he's always a great help.

ROFL!

CloverPatch 02-20-2011 08:24 PM

ok, If kev did that, I would ask What did you do? or what do you want?

Jill 02-20-2011 08:27 PM

He moves furniture, hang things on the wall, and I do ask his opinion about some quilts, but he has no interest in quilting and I have no interest in having him "help" me with any of it. He has his workshop where he does his woodworking and I stay out of it. Works best that way.