Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   does your husband (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-husband-t61836.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-28-2010 08:58 AM

My DH has always been supportive along with our 3 sons who grew up with a Mom who makes quilts. DH never says a word on what I spend. He's really laid back about stuff like that.
He wants me to hang up just about everything I make, even the early stuff !!! That's really sweet and makes me very happy though.
Unfortunately he has a lot of interests but is a workaholic :(
I'm just hoping someday he decides to do some other things b/c he has a lot of talent!

grammy Dwynn 08-28-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
support your quilting? My husband NEVER says anything about my buying fabric/patterns/books, etc. In fact, he has on several occasions brought people into my sewing room and opened the doors to my fabric armoire to show them how much fabric I have.
He doesn't usually come in and ask what I'm making, but when I bring a project out of the sewing room to show him, he oohs and aahs appropriately.
His hobby is Mustangs - he has a "65 Fastback and 2 "71s. When he's restoring one of them, I'll go out in the garage with a cool drink for him and ooh and ahh appropriately. We make a good team - on Oct. 24, we'll be celebrating 40 years of marriage. I think I'll keep him. :)

Yes, he is a keeper!!!

My DH doesn't say much about my stash, books, machines or sewing room. He has even 'helped' with some of my quilts; boarder choices, what if's (this fabric over that) or even suggested that I make 'that' quilt but use colors that he would want. ;-) He knows that I really enjoy this craft/hobby, plus it keeps me a sane person (if I'm not happy, it might affect him). I think mine is also a keeper.

newquilter10 08-28-2010 09:24 AM

My DH supports anything I do. He helps me shop for material and makes things to make it easier for me. He encourages me all the time. I will keep him too!!!

clem55 08-28-2010 09:48 AM

I pretty much do whatever I want, and can spend what I want( within reason, because I'm not a big shopper). He does appreciate whatever I make, and has told other people about my sewing. The only bad thing, he hates me having a mess when I sew, and that is pretty hard not to do because I don't have a special sewing room. The older he gets, the better he is about that, and the older I get, the less it bothers me if he complains!!LOL

Olivia's Grammy 08-28-2010 10:43 AM

My DH is great. He's an enabler, he never complains about what I spend on fabric or books. Hunts for things on Craigslist, yard sales, flea markets. Loves everything I make and thinks we should keep it all. For Christmas a couple of years ago he made me a new quilt rack to hold many of my quilts.

BellaBoo 08-28-2010 10:59 AM

The only way I care about DH supporting my quilting is with the checkbook. LOL.

harvsstuff 08-28-2010 11:08 AM

My husbands hobby is woodworking. I keep telling him when I go out and buy a 24 x 36 air conditioned workshop like his you know we have a problem. If he goes to the fabric store with me I spend twice as much because he finds "things" for me to buy that I have to have and cant live without. Definately a keeper.

Darlene 08-28-2010 11:13 AM

Since I used to crochet all the time he can't understand that I do that mostly in winter. He calls the quilting sewing when I walked out of the store with my new sewing machine last year he never said a word. He doesn't complain because he has a classic car, '56 Chevy, that he spends money on so we are pretty even on buying things for our hobbies.

Ditter43 08-28-2010 11:38 AM

My Dh totally supports me...He brags to everyone about my quilts! He will come in sometimes and watch me sew for a few minutes. He looks over my shoulder at times when I am on the board.

His thing is fishing and anything related to fishing. I can't go with him any more because of back problems. For a while I felt left out because he spends a lot of time on the net, talking to fishing buddies. Once I really got back into quilting and found all of you wonderful quilters to share ideas with, things went back to normal.

He does his thing and I do mine then we meet somewhere in the middle! Works for us! :D :thumbup:

Chasing Hawk 08-28-2010 11:42 AM

My husband just told me...

"As long as you have your quilting stuff, a new truck and your Ruger 9mm, I am happy."......

How cool is that?