Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   does your husband (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-husband-t61836.html)

HELLuvvANGEL 08-29-2010 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Forgot to add...

When the kids moved out I took over both of their bedrooms...one is a sewing room and one is a quilting room (for my handquilting frame.)

When I look like I am headed upstairs to my "rooms" he'll say "Go to your room!" Or I'll say..."I'm going to my room...where I wanted to be in the first place." (The second one is from a Bill Cosby routine where his wife told him to get out of bed and get the kids breakfast...and he gives them cake and grapefruit juice. He says that when his wife came downstairs she sent him to his room..."where I wanted to be in the first place."!! )

That is too funny!! Its called Bill Cosby Himself. I watched it years ago but just a few weeks ago rewatched it. When i was married hubby said i was the lady yelling at the ceiling hehe. Naw my hubby traded me in for another model,, he went thru many till he found this one ( and now isnt happy hehe). He never approved of anything i did. Now im happy to like it myself! If theres a Mr Right, he best STOP turning Left cuz im too old to chase him, he will be the type to approve!!

ChubbyBunny 08-29-2010 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Gramof6
My DH is a problem! :roll: When he is with me at a Quilt Show or just a Quilt Shop, he is always picking out fabrics that go together & insists that I buy enough to surely be able to make some kind of quilt. Needless to say, he is fantastic at picking out fabric. But....my sewing/quilting room is running over with fabric. It bothers me. As for him, he says that it will be there when or if I am ready for it. He chose the A-1 Longarm. He uses it. He bought me a Janome 350 Embroidery Machine. He bought 3 Featherweights. I do not like clutter or to be overcrowded and I do not want to have to buy a larger home to accommodate all of my stuff. :roll: So I had to put my foot down & ask him to please stop buying me quilting/sewing stuff. :D He just dearly loves to go to the Houston Quilt Show & is a lot of fun to run around with. We've been married for 32 yrs and hope we have that many more ahead of us. :wink: And I need to get out of my funk mood and start sewing my tail off. :D

I wish I had your problem!:mrgreen:

ChubbyBunny 08-29-2010 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S
Your stories really made me smile, okay and tear up a little. Sounds like a lot of class A mates out there. I have been a widow since my children were 2 & 4 but my husband always sort of went with the whatever made me happy theory.

I'm sorry, Emma. It must be difficult for you to read all of this.:(

Damkina 08-29-2010 01:43 AM

Definitely a keeper.

The only thing my hubby gets stressed about is when he finds defient strands of cotton that didn't go up the hoover stuck to whatever he's wearing. :lol:

But, he has been singing my praises about my quilts. We had dinner guests over last night, and as I was welcoming them in the hall, my hubby's friend handed over a wonderful book that would help with my quilting and said, "I hear you're making an amazing new quilt that we should look at!"

What could I say to that! :-D

Loris 08-29-2010 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
mine usually tries to pretend oblivious but he slips and his admiration shows, and when I hear him telling a buddy about the quilt I'm working on..... really makes me teary. we're kinda old (50ish/60ish) but have only been married 13yrs on 9/11. I knew him when we were younger but were both married to others. I'll keep him!

Kathy is that a chicken in your photo - I also have been married twice and this time 18 years - also about the same ages - mine likes it when I show the end result but as I work full time it is hard to make the time during the weekend when he wants to do other things

SSTeacher 08-29-2010 02:33 AM

My wonderful husband is definitely a keeper. We will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on Thanksgiving day. He is so supportive of my quilting--attends the Hampton, VA quilt show with me every year and does not even mind wearing the bracelet for several days. He shops for fabric with me and has a better eye for color than I do--also lugs the bolts while we select the fabric. He brags about the number of quilts I have "on the go" and after that, it makes me want to march right up to my sewing room and try to finish at least one of them. :) We are both into Fantasy Football and have tickets for UVA home games--we enjoy each other's interests.
He does not cook but does love to grocery shop.

Thank you ladies for starting this subject and letting me share thoughts about my wonderful husband. His motto is, "but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

JHolm 08-29-2010 02:55 AM

My DH is very supportive of my quilting. He just finished his first quilt class and is proud as a peacock of his first quilt. He has always been supportive of everything I do. We've been married 24 years and share everything including cleaning and laundry. I'm very lucky!

JHolm 08-29-2010 03:00 AM

Your relationship sounds like mine and my DH. Congrats on your 50th anninversary. I hope we make it to 50.

Originally Posted by SSTeacher
My wonderful husband is definitely a keeper. We will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary on Thanksgiving day. He is so supportive of my quilting--attends the Hampton, VA quilt show with me every year and does not even mind wearing the bracelet for several days. He shops for fabric with me and has a better eye for color than I do--also lugs the bolts while we select the fabric. He brags about the number of quilts I have "on the go" and after that, it makes me want to march right up to my sewing room and try to finish at least one of them. :) We are both into Fantasy Football and have tickets for UVA home games--we enjoy each other's interests.
He does not cook but does love to grocery shop.

Thank you ladies for starting this subject and letting me share thoughts about my wonderful husband. His motto is, "but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

starlight 08-29-2010 03:15 AM

Going to keep my DH. He is very supportive of anything that I do. His hobby is woodworking and he gets the same from me. Currently he is building me a new sewing table that I am going to be able to fit all three of my machines on. He is my biggest fan for sure.

Carol111 08-29-2010 03:30 AM

Yes, yes, yes! He goes to the fabric store with me and helps me with colors. He has a better eye for color than I do. He has never questioned the cost of my sewing or my machine knitting. I think he's a keeper. (We've been married 53 years.)

Carol in FL