Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your sewing machine travel with you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-sewing-machine-travel-you-t306212.html)

FWLover 08-08-2019 06:28 PM

Does your sewing machine travel with you?

Last week we were camping at a state park. In front of the camper I set up a mini sewing area with a featherweight in my SewEasy table and an ironing station. It was so peaceful and I got to do people watching at the same time. So here we are at another park waiting to pick up 2 granddaughters for a couple of days of swimming and fun. Tonight I clipped the binding down on a quilt so I can finish the hand binding, while they swim. I don’t like the water. Tomorrow morning I will iron pieces outside so they are ready for adding the final piece. Then I have a lot of other things I can pin in preparation for sewing when I get home while the girls swim or kayak.

Do projects and a sewing machine join you in your travels?

sandrab64 08-08-2019 07:07 PM

The week at the lake in August is me, my machine, and the loons (i.e birds and family). Love being in the screened in porch with my glass of wine looking out over the water!

tranum 08-08-2019 07:09 PM

We take lawn chairs and enjoy music in the park at the band shell once a week. I like to bring a quilt and hand sew the binding there. People approach me & ask questions otherwise they’d just walk by.

tranum 08-08-2019 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by sandrab64 (Post 8286839)
The week at the lake in August is me, my machine, and the loons (i.e birds and family). Love being in the screened in porch with my glass of wine looking out over the water!

I’m so very envious ! You can invite me & I won’t even touch your wine because I’m allergic to it !

Anniedeb 08-08-2019 07:32 PM

I often take my sewing machine with me to the cabin, especially in the fall, and during hunting season. I set up on the dining table that overlooks the lake, and can spend hours sewing when the guys are gone from dawn to dusk!

jmoore 08-09-2019 02:25 AM

I always have a hand sewing project when we travel on the road, it doesn’t bother me to sew or read in the car. For the first time, I have not brought my sewing machine to the island in which I live on in the summer in Maine but I have started a hand appliqué project and I spend a lot of time in my vegetable garden, kayaking and anything I can do outdoors.

SillySusan 08-09-2019 02:40 AM

My machine never goes anywhere, but sometimes I take a quilt with me when I know there will be plenty of waiting time to finish hand sewing on the binding. I am doing only baby and kids quilts now, so it's not a problem to lug them with me. Most of the time, I just carry a book. It's easier. As for vacations, I haven't been on one for many years.

QuiltnNan 08-09-2019 02:44 AM

I've taken my machine with me to visit the grands and to my winter home. And, of course, i always goes with me to retreats.

himnherr 08-09-2019 03:13 AM

I’ve taken my 301 in my camper many times. I had a desk set up specifically for that. I went to deer camp with my husband and the lake with friends and I even took it on vacation to Florida once. I’m so glad I did because it rained most of the week! I enjoyed myself no matter. :-) We sold the camper so no more traveling with my machine. :-/

Homespun 08-09-2019 04:04 AM

I usually take my machine with me when I visit relatives.