Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does your sewing room always stay cluttered? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-your-sewing-room-always-stay-cluttered-t226390.html)

Painiacs 07-24-2013 07:38 PM

We ALL have that problem!!! My sewing room is small. I did give a lot of my magazines away to other quilters. my favs I copy put in sleeves and have in a binder. If there are multipke favs i just keep thmagazines. Your not alone! Need to have a virtual support group! Intervention wouldnt help wed just enable each other!!

hevemi 07-24-2013 09:03 PM

My room is a disaster area. If I clean it up I won't be able to find anything. As long as everything-barring rulers and presser feet which have their assigned places- stays near where it falls there is a slight chance it may be seen again (usually AFTER it has been needed and replaced with s-g else like new fabric.Which is very likely to disappear for undefined time.

MaryKatherine 07-25-2013 02:49 AM

I make an effort to clean up after ever new project but that usually involves shifting piles of fabric.
MaryKatherine

christinetindell 07-25-2013 02:56 AM

Well, mine is spread all over right now because I sew in the basement and our sump failed about a month ago. So now I'm in the dining room until the basement gets repainted and new flooring. No worries, all fabric was saved! generally though, im pretty organized.

quilttiger 07-25-2013 03:03 AM

If my sewing space is very neat and vacuumed, that means I have not been working in the area, LOL. I do tidy it up now and then between every two or three projects. Just enough to get those creative juices flowing.....

Lori S 07-25-2013 04:07 AM

I can honestly say that my sewing room is not cluttered about once a centennial. When it happens there is a celebration the likes will never be seen for another centennial.

maryfrang 07-25-2013 04:21 AM

Thanks everyone. My quilting room is a total lost too. I clean after a project and it is back as soon as I start another. I hope someday to get it together.

sulliquilts 07-25-2013 04:24 AM

OMG! The electrician has to get into my sewing room - we're still making Sandy repairs. I' m so embarrased, what a mess. There's just too much stuff. I tried putting things away, but then I forget what I have and buy duplicates. I'm spilling out into the hall and another bedroom.

jbj137 07-25-2013 04:45 AM

Mine is always a mess.
Creative Places and Creative People make messes.

FLQ 07-25-2013 04:52 AM

In my FL community, Lake County, nearly all my quilty friends have wall (Murphy) beds with shelves/drawers. The 55+ communities are "cottages" so most are using the guest bedroom. I do have a friend who uses her dining area; raised dr table for cutting and under the table are large storage tubs of fabric. We rarely have guests so I'm using my extra bedroom but I sometimes overflow to the main room. My dh is OCD about clutter so I often lose parts of projects I've stashed away. So sad! I really like the idea of donating stuff that hasn't been used in 2 years...