Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Donations are used (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/donations-used-t195613.html)

TacoMama 07-26-2012 07:19 PM

Thanks for the website. And I didn't know what flange was either!

bstock 07-26-2012 07:21 PM

Thanks for sharing!!!

margecam52 07-26-2012 09:13 PM

Mary Bridge Children's Hospital is what it used to be called in 1989...then they merged with Tacoma General. The Children's hospital was supposed to stay a seperate hospital...but it became so intertwined, it was hard to tell. Many of our guilds left because of this...we raised money for the Children's hospital, not Tacoma General...and they were talking of using some of the funds from the children's area to buy for the hospital... I live in TX now...so hoping that these two hospitals are still seperate (though in same complex).

Marge

Originally Posted by cjr (Post 5390723)
My 7 1/2 yr old granddaughter recently broke her arm. She lives in Federal Way WA. Not sure which hospital this was but it is Childrens hosp in Tacoma WA. While she was in surgery the floor nurse had my daughter choose a pillowcase for her. She chose a bright Little Mermaid pillowcase. DGD very proud of it. We were with her for a couple of days last week on a camping trip. DGD had her new pillow case with her and was intrigued with the flange (I believe that is what it is called)

My very special thanks to who ever made this and donated it. A small item is helping in the healing of a child. I make Quilts For Kids here in Las Vegas. This has given me the incentive to make more knowing that they really do get used and loved.

To the Tacoma pillowcase maker, many hugs from a fellow quilter. Keep up the good work.

PS DGD arm healing nicely. has not slowed her down.

Peckish 07-26-2012 10:53 PM

I'm thankful there are so many generous quilters here. All I ask is that you remember it's not just children who need and use these wonderful, cheering quilts and pillow cases. The elderly and terminally ill are also quite appreciative and very often just as needy, especially if they're dealing with a disease like cancer that oftentimes financially devastates the family.

bearisgray 07-27-2012 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5397649)
I'm thankful there are so many generous quilters here. All I ask is that you remember it's not just children who need and use these wonderful, cheering quilts and pillow cases. The elderly and terminally ill are also quite appreciative and very often just as needy, especially if they're dealing with a disease like cancer that oftentimes financially devastates the family.

Sometimes the old and poor are the most needy and/or neglected members of our society.

Jeanine 07-27-2012 08:33 AM

Ditto Pat G. It is nice hearing about someone nearby. Encourages me to find a local, or semi-local, place to donate to.
Here in Port Townsend.

Deborahlees 07-27-2012 08:33 AM

Which is why I also sew, knit and crochet for a local womans/childrens shelter....A little bit of everything for as many charities as I can find....the nice part is the thank you I get back.