Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dontcha just hate it when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dontcha-just-hate-when-t65910.html)

OKLAHOMA PEACH 09-22-2010 09:22 AM

Just love it here, I learn so much. Glad I'm not the only one with these problems.

marthe brault-hunt 09-22-2010 09:44 AM

My specialty is that I forget to change the 1/4 inch foot for a regular one when I want to zigzag. Broken needle, rethreading and etal. Grrrr. I wonder for my sanity sometimes!

hulahoop1 09-22-2010 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz
My floor must have a slight slope. If I'm quilting while sitting on the sofa and a spool of thread falls, it disappears and I know it's gone way under the sofa, which means getting a flashlight, moving the coffee table, and finding something flat enough to get under there. Hate it!!!

I've had that happen often enuf that I keep a yardstick handy just for that purpose!

candiharris11 09-22-2010 10:11 AM

or you've stitched it to the leg of your pants!

bearisgray 09-22-2010 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter

Originally Posted by jenna p in ga
Oh, one more...how about when you are deep in thought as you sew and then realize the needle went through your finger tip!!! (still not sure how my finger got under the presser foot)

Mine was not too bad...have seen worse.

Jenna

The worst part is that as soon as you realize it's happened you try to jump up in alarm and are firmly anchored to the machine by your pointer. So, there you are, flopping about with a sewing machine sprouted out the end of your hand trying to work up the courage to back the needle out. And, no, ladies, it's really not as painful as you'd think, just really unnerving.

It's not so much the needle going INTO the finger - it's getting the needle OUT of the finger - - -

nana2 09-22-2010 10:31 AM

And worst of all when I have to pull out a piece of furniture to retrive that bobbin and find a lot of dust and would feel guilty if I didn't get out the vacuum. Have you ever just shoved the furniture back and said 'I'll clean it later." I have and the older I get the easier it is to not feel guilty. LOL

SweetRosie 09-22-2010 10:50 AM

Hi Tweetee:
What a magnificent horse in your avatar. Is it yours?

purplefiend 09-22-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by nana2
And worst of all when I have to pull out a piece of furniture to retrive that bobbin and find a lot of dust and would feel guilty if I didn't get out the vacuum. Have you ever just shoved the furniture back and said 'I'll clean it later." I have and the older I get the easier it is to not feel guilty. LOL

Why disturb the dust bunnies? :lol:

Aunt Doggie 09-22-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
Or when the bobbin runs out of thread and you are just a few inches from being finished.

This has GOT to be in the top 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

granny_kee 09-22-2010 11:49 AM

Why does it make all of us feel sooo much better knowing that everyone else has done all of the "dumb" mistakes that we make? Guess misery loves company !! I just love this site!!granny_kee