Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dontcha just hate it when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dontcha-just-hate-when-t65910.html)

nwm50 09-22-2010 06:18 PM

OR WHEN YOU ARE ON A ROLL SEWING AND THE THREAD RUNS OUT ! OR THE CAT DECIDES TO JUMP ON YOUR LAP, THEREFORE STARTLES YOU & YOU KNOCK FABRIC, PINS OFF THE TABLE!!

purplefiend 09-22-2010 06:18 PM

Jenna[/quote]
The worst part is that as soon as you realize it's happened you try to jump up in alarm and are firmly anchored to the machine by your pointer. So, there you are, flopping about with a sewing machine sprouted out the end of your hand trying to work up the courage to back the needle out. And, no, ladies, it's really not as painful as you'd think, just really unnerving.[/quote]

It's not so much the needle going INTO the finger - it's getting the needle OUT of the finger - - -[/quote]

During a quilting class my friend sewed into her finger, I had a hard time getting the needle out of her finger. EEEW
She was more worried about bleeding on her fabrics.
:shock: :( :lol:

nwm50 09-22-2010 06:19 PM

ONE MORE THING.....PINING YOUR QUILT TOP TO THE CARPET ?

nwm50 09-22-2010 06:20 PM

O U C H..........TO THE NEEDLE IN THE FINGER. UGH !!

purplefiend 09-22-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by nwm50
OR WHEN YOU ARE ON A ROLL SEWING AND THE THREAD RUNS OUT ! OR THE CAT DECIDES TO JUMP ON YOUR LAP, THEREFORE STARTLES YOU & YOU KNOCK FABRIC, PINS OFF THE TABLE!!

I'm thrilled that my dogs all stay on the floor where they belong!!!! :lol:

carolaug 09-22-2010 06:31 PM

when you go and iron white material and the iron and all of a sudden the water comes out rusty...my iron isn't even old....how the heck do I prevent that or do I have to buy a new iron...ugggh...day of what the heck...

lnikkers52 09-22-2010 06:32 PM

I sew in a small cubby downstairs and the potty is upstairs . and it never fells as soon as I get going good Potty time :(

sew inspired 09-22-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by msuewhite
Or when you are in your easychair, hand-piecing to your heart's content, and you reach for your scissors but can't find them to save your soul. Then, when you carefully lay everything down and get up to search for the scissors they happily fall "off your shelf" where they have been nesting the whole time!!!

toooo funny. Happens to me too :lol:

garysgal 09-22-2010 06:36 PM

Or when you can't find your seam ripper and you carefully take out each stitch, spending ten times the amount of time you would normally spend if you had the ripper... only to find that when you get up, it was in your lap the entire time! (THAT'S when it's time to go eat chocolate!!)

sewTinker 09-22-2010 06:44 PM

doncha just hate it when you're handsewing on a road trip and your husband At Last pulls into a gas station and you really gotta Go! and you realize you have embroidered your cute little redwork patch to your slacks and you really gotta Go! and there's no time to undo the stitching (because you really gotta Go!) and so you run into the mapco with the upsidedown redwork lady now the focal point of your outfit? heh-heh...