Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   double irish chain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/double-irish-chain-t87100.html)

gmaybee 01-02-2011 07:00 PM

Quilt in a Day, Eleanor Burns. Her book has the single and the double irish chain in it. She also gives good cutting charts and sewing instructions. If you follow her instructions step by step you shouldn't have any problems. This is the book I teach with for the beginning quilting students.

Pinkrose4664 01-02-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by gmaybee
Quilt in a Day, Eleanor Burns. Her book has the single and the double irish chain in it. She also gives good cutting charts and sewing instructions. If you follow her instructions step by step you shouldn't have any problems. This is the book I teach with for the beginning quilting students.

I actually have that book, BUT it is in storage and there is no way for me to get to it :?

Laura3 01-02-2011 07:26 PM

Does she also have a book for the Triple Irish Chain?

Sadiemae 01-02-2011 11:19 PM

My Mom started a Triple Irish Chain before she passed away, and I have to figure it out. Could be fun!

quilterella 01-03-2011 01:22 AM

Quilter's Cache has free printable patterns for double and triple Irish Chain.

gmaybee 01-03-2011 04:24 AM

Yes Eleanor Burns has a triple Irish Chain book.

wannaquilt1 06-21-2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster

Originally Posted by Pinkrose4664
does anyone know the easiest pattern for the double irish chain?

My Double Irish Chain was done from instructions in "The It's Okay If You Sit On My Quilt Book" by Mary Ellen Hopkins using the strip method.

thanks so much! I have this book and now I know what I'm going to use it for :)

pheasantduster 06-22-2011 07:28 AM

Wannaquilt1 - have fun making your Irish Chain Quilt - be sure to decide on backing fabric at the start and buy plenty of fabric. I had wanted to use the print but when ready could not find more. I did back my quilt with the dark green and I handquilted with dark green thread. Very effective although does not show up on my photo. I really don't like a solid backing because it picks up any lint within a mile! :cry:
Post a photo when you have completed your quilt.

Quilt4u 06-22-2011 07:30 AM

I just stared making one (Quilt in a day)

wannaquilt1 06-22-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
Wannaquilt1 - have fun making your Irish Chain Quilt - be sure to decide on backing fabric at the start and buy plenty of fabric. I had wanted to use the print but when ready could not find more. I did back my quilt with the dark green and I handquilted with dark green thread. Very effective although does not show up on my photo. I really don't like a solid backing because it picks up any lint within a mile! :cry:
Post a photo when you have completed your quilt.

yours is so picture perfect! I hope mine can look as nice as yours i'm scared lol. Thank you for the advise... I'm planning on making this for my Irish mom for her birthday so I'm thinking yellows and oranges (yellow is her fav color) and maybe yellow for the back? we shall see :) but i'll buy it when i buy the front fabric thanks for the tip :)