Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Double Wedding Ring Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/double-wedding-ring-quilt-t54002.html)

cjomomma 07-11-2010 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't wait til tomorrow. Is this the one you are looking for?

DD wedding ring
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78380[/ATTACH]

JudithAnn 07-11-2010 09:32 PM

Greetings from Northern MN! I made one ( and will never make another) from a Quilt in a Day pattern. It took 4-ever and if I should be so demented as to make another I would do the traditional method. Good luck to you.

slk350 07-11-2010 09:42 PM

I made that same pattern a few years ago. Like the posted picture. But, pastels on white. I found the pattern in a older quilting book at the library. Good luck, it was a job and a half . I hand quilted it, also.

KiwiQuilter 07-11-2010 11:01 PM

Welcome to the board Faith.

If the quilt you are thinking of is similar to the picture above - then lots of people will be able to give you tips on patterns (paper) or templates that you could use.

If it isn't like the picture - would you be able to describe the quilt in more detail?

In any event I hope you find what you are looking for.

brushandthimble 07-12-2010 02:08 AM

Welcome from MA, born in FT Worth :)

faithdownunder 07-12-2010 03:01 AM

The double wedding ring was repeated only about 8 (eight times) in the entire quilt. They were two perfect circle inter-looping. There were flower patterns on the edges and in the center. That is about all I can remember.

Rainy Day 07-12-2010 03:06 AM

Hi Faith, someone will have the pattern - and will send it to you! I have something similar in a magazine -will look for it this week.
Cheers
Rain - I'm across the ditch

juliasb 07-12-2010 03:20 AM

I am right now putting the binding on my 5th King Size DWR quilt. I use the Sharlene Jorgenson DWR templates.(Quilting from the Hartland) I bought them years ago and found them to be easy and accurate. Since I do most of my quilting by hand anymore this was a great one to use. I was able to do part on machine and the majority by hand. Doing it by hand gave me the accuracy I wanted. I am hoping this one will remain my own since all but one other have been gifted. I can see my self doing another one in the future if someone special is getting married and I have enough time to make it. This is a great scrappy quilt project or can have a fabric theme that flows nicely through out. It is one of my favorite traditional quilt patterns.

litacats 07-12-2010 05:36 AM

hi faith welcome to the group I am new here too, I hope you find what you are looking for.

cjomomma 07-12-2010 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry the first one wasn't what you were looking for. See if this one is close, it is the only one with flowers. Most of the ones in my book have 9 rings or more. What you might have to do is modify a pattern from memory. The book I have is the classic american wedding rings. If this doesn't work I am sorry I tried to help you.

Rose Ring
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78187[/ATTACH]