Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Down to 3 Machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/down-3-machines-t279026.html)

Sailorwoman 05-27-2016 01:56 PM

Down to 3 Machines

I have narrowed my next sewing machine down to the following three:
Janome Memory Craft 8900 QCP Special Edition
Juki HZL F600
Pfaff Quilt Expession 4.2

I have test driven a Juki and really like it. I have driven the Pfaff 3.5 but cannot find the Janome Memory Craft 8900 QCP in my area. I would love to hear any and all comments

maryb119 05-27-2016 05:18 PM

I vote for the Pfaff. I have had Pfaff for over 20 years and I won't have anything else. The duel feed is amazing and they sew beautifully. I use Pfaff at work in the bridal shop and I own 2 of them for sewing at home. I am totally sold on the brand.

TexasSunshine 05-27-2016 07:01 PM

I like the Pfaff brand also, still sewing on a 1371 I bought new in 1986.

quiltingshorttimer 05-27-2016 10:06 PM

My favorite machine is an Elna--made by Janome. Love it. My friend sews on Pfaff machines and one thing I've found out is that they require special bobbins--and her 2 different machines use two different bobbins! Not cheap!

My Elna and cheap Singer and Brother machines all use cheap, interchangeable bobbins.

DOTTYMO 05-27-2016 10:25 PM

The Juki is a popular machine around my area. It has a fairly large harp space with a variety of machines some full of bells and whistles others just forward and reverse stitching, they are workhorses and heavy. Also have someone in the area who will repair them if necessary.
I bought a brother not on your list but regretted the fact I had a 200 mile trip for repairs. This fact put me off buying another.

im looking for a new machine and the pfaff is on my list. I've spent a day doing a class and using the machines. They. All worked very well.

if memory serves correct all the machines are heavy and not easy to transport to classes.

notmorecraft 05-27-2016 10:49 PM

I have the Juki and use it daily, great machine.

ManiacQuilter2 05-28-2016 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer (Post 7561277)
My friend sews on Pfaff machines and one thing I've found out is that they require special bobbins--and her 2 different machines use two different bobbins! Not cheap!

That is something to consider. Both of my Berninas are in the same generation so I can use all my accessories on both of them.

rvsfan 05-28-2016 03:20 AM

I have the Pfaff 4.2 and love it. There is also a wonderful video on youtube on the Pfaff 4.2 put out the Village Sewing. It's little over 1 hour, but worth every minute. Explains all features of the Pfaff 4.2. Just search for Pfaff 4.2 and you'll get this video.

mermaid 05-28-2016 03:49 AM

Oh my, I read "down to 3..." and thot you meant 'reduced your machine collection to 3'..haha...which is what I am delaying. Must be done tho. I love my Pfaff for the walking foot, but I also love my Elna for FMQ. Actually love all my machines-- that's why it's hard to let go of any!

hairquilt 05-28-2016 05:11 AM

Love both my Pfaffs-can't beat the IDT for easing in a bit of fullness!