Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dreaming - Quilting Reality Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dreaming-quilting-reality-show-t170565.html)

Debka 12-01-2011 12:40 PM

Dreaming - Quilting Reality Show

So, I admit that I am a nut for Project Runway, and Work of Art, and Top Chef, and that kind of "reality" show. I do enjoy seeing the contestants work and create things they are (usually) proud of and always (usually) passionate about.

So, I was thinking - wouldn't it be something if there was a show called something like Project Quilting?
Each week, the quilters would have a new challenge - make a quilt with only triangles; only use one color; make it scrappy; make a photo quilt; and so on - and they would get to buy fabric and have the use of an amazingly tricked out studio with the latest equipment, machines, and LAs.

What else should it have?

Who's watching? Or better question, who's trying out?

Who's in? (Any producers out there.....?)

AFQSinc 12-01-2011 01:38 PM

Ok...I have no design skills what-so-ever but I would be wiling to try out. Especially if they let you audition in that wonderful studio.

I can see the house that we would stay in now...each room decorated with a different style or genre of quilt and quilty decorations. And because every reality show needs a little bit of drama each week there will be some controversial topic to debate: Prewash or no prewash, precuts or no precuts, cotton batting or blends... :)

quiltingnonie 12-01-2011 01:43 PM

HOW much fun would this be!! I'd go for it :) However, if the show was to only last one TV season before picking a winner, they would have to just design/make a block each week (not a whole quilt) An interesting episode might be to give each contestant a totally screwed up top and tell them "Make something with this"!!

Atomicdog 12-01-2011 02:23 PM

Oh please let some producer see this and jump on it - I think it would be AWESOME!! And, all you folks on this board would need to try out - you're all so insanely talented you'd win for sure!

redmadder 12-01-2011 02:38 PM

It's just that....can you even imagine quilters being hateful and snide to each other? Would any of us watch it if that was the focus? Its too bad so many of those producers have the emotional maturity of dirty minded 14 year olds.

Lori S 12-01-2011 02:45 PM

I think this is a fabulous idea. I know I would watch every episode.

callie 12-01-2011 02:58 PM

What an interesting idea. Would certainly be interesting but I wouldn't watch it if it was only to be "catty" -- most quilters are awesome people and I sure wouldn't want the world to think they are anything but that...

ptquilts 12-01-2011 03:44 PM

with over 20 million quilters in the country I should think it would be quite popular.

neece 12-01-2011 03:57 PM

What a great idea. I would sign up in a heart beat. Looking ahead the only thing that might not work is that quilters are all givers. I could see someone sharing the end of their fabric and helping to finish the blocks. It would be soooooooo fun to go to Mood to get fabric. Tim Gunn would truly be at his wits end. All these quilters yelling across the store that they have the exact fabric they wanted and the best is that someone else is paying for the fabric.

Butterflyblue 12-01-2011 05:15 PM

Yes, I can imagine the drama quotient might be lacking if the quilters are like the ones I know ("Oh, I love your block, so much more creative than mine" "Oh, but you have such good color sense", etc.) - but you hear all these stories about guild meetings, so maybe they would select THOSE quilters.