Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Driving from TN to Florida Keys (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/driving-tn-florida-keys-t224653.html)

KR 06-29-2013 04:38 AM

If you come back up the west coast there are some nice shops in Ft Myers and Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte. Google a search for shops in FL and you'll find a lot!

winia 06-29-2013 05:01 AM

Do an Internet search on every state you will be going through.

duckydo 06-29-2013 05:42 AM

If you have a Iphone or smart phone, you shoud be able to search for quilt shops or maybe check for an app in the apps store.

Newfie45 06-29-2013 05:48 AM

Don't know what highway you're taking, but A&E Pharmacy in Pensacola has a great selection of quilting materials, patterns, and other craft supplies. Yes, I know, I was skeptical myself when I first moved here and was told about it. Just the name would raise question marks, but try it - I think you'll not only like it, but love it!

Helen6869 06-29-2013 10:05 AM

If you are going by there, Seaside Quilt Shop in New Smyrna Beach is great. They have just added additional space. Hope you have a safe and wonderful shopping experience at all of those mentioned! Also there is Quilt shop of Deland in Deland. Another great place with lots of little shops and eating places around. Have fun!

Helen6869 06-29-2013 10:10 AM

Another one is Suzanne's quilt shop in Moultrie, GA right off of Interstate 75. She's moving so has a great sale going right now. woohoo! You might need to add a couple of days to that trip to hit all of these. But I have been to all of these except Suzanne's and they are great. What quilt shop isn't great???

yel 06-29-2013 04:10 PM

there is a lot of shops in the manatee sarasota county area if going down the west coast of florida

patski 06-29-2013 04:34 PM

no quilt shops in Miami and the only one in the keys is on Key West, if you are there the first Sat of the month the guild meets at 10 am and loves visitors, meeting is at the Key Largo library

esardi 06-29-2013 05:06 PM

There's "Quilters Choice" in Jupiter. 2 or 3 miles east of I-95 on Maplewood Drive (a few driveways behind Home Depot) which crosses Indiantown Road which is an exit on I-95. I hope that's clear. It's really very easy. Nice shop, nice people, fabrics, books, etc.

Janice McC 06-29-2013 05:21 PM

Definitely A Scarlet Thread in McDonough, GA. It's a short distance off of I75S so easy to find. Love the store but my experience with Cust Svc has been both very good and very bad. Also Intown Quilters in Decatur GA if you like brights. They aren't too far off I285, the "perimeter" or beltway around ATL. They're on the east side, the way you'd probably choose to go if you want to use the perimeter instead of going through the city on I75/I85. There are other shops too in the metro ATL but these are the first that come to mind as being very accessible. Have fun!