Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dropping the F-word (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dropping-f-word-t430.html)

k_jupiter 01-12-2007 05:56 PM

I was in my friendly neighborhood quiltshop the other day, picking up some fabric to complete the collection for a quilt I am going to make (Homeward Bound, from McCalls Quilting a couple months ago). As I was leaving I accidently used the F-word. I said, I'm leaving to go FINISH the quilt I am working on (A very male version of Yellow Brick Road)... All of a sudden the shop got quite silent and people giggled self consciencely... I realized, some quilters might not know the definition of FINISHED. One woman hurried up and asked me not to use the F-word again. It made her feel so... uncomfortable. I accused tham all of introducing me to another pasttime that I would have multiple unfinished projects, like I needed another.

So the question is... How many projects are you juggling (or have already dropped into the black hole of your quilting closet)?

Me? I have the original queen size quilt waiting to be pinned and quilted, the practice lap quilt waiting for me to be happy with transfering quilt patterns onto it, first cuts made on a full size quilt called Dazzeler (from Southwestern Quilts, a great book), all the fabrics for Homeward Bound are washed, pressed and starched, and I am busy collecting bits and pieces for a scrap type queen sized quilt built on muslin.

So fess up, how many projects do you have going on?

tim in san jose

Yvonne 01-12-2007 06:40 PM

Now you're just gettin' plain personal! :lol:
Funny you should ask. My sister and I were just adding up our projects yesterday. I have 4 active projects right now and about 14 others in various stages. I am hoping to pull about 4 of them together and quilt them next week. Time will tell!!! :?

The next question, of course, is how many have you finished?

ceannastahr 01-12-2007 07:11 PM

Lets see I'm not in to bad a shape this year seeing it just started. I mailed my sisters quilt out today,( that was a left over from 8 months ago) I hope to get my nieces quilt done by next week, baby due in Feb.

Have two baby quilt cut need to embroider the blocks (it's for a set of premi twins wanted them to be extra speical)They're doing good weight almost 3 pounds now.

One ready to quilt. One ready to piece together and 1 half cut. Not bad 6 and its' only the 12th day of the year. I might make it before Dec. if I don't get another bright idea. LOL The more going the better it keeps me busy, wouldn't have it any other way.

k_jupiter 01-12-2007 08:07 PM

It's those bright ideas that get us in trouble. Now look, if I take this pattern with these fabrics, add a couple more inches of sashing between each block, two more layers of borders, this baby quilt design will look great on our queen size bed...

How many have I finished? I just started this insanity in September. Who's had time to finish anything?

tim in san jose

kat70113 01-12-2007 09:42 PM

All of my quilt projects are done, however don't ask be about my crocheting or any of my other crafts. I also have to confess that since I have been working on remodeling a house and moving, I haven't completed or started any projects except for wallhangings. :oops:

bbwalkup 01-12-2007 09:50 PM

Confession...in my mind I have about 10 quilts I want to make, some of which I've really started collecting fabric for.
I have one quilt top started which I don't plan to ever really finish. I'm getting real about it.
Other than that, I've given myself a rule. Once I've gotten to the sandwich stage with a quilt I will NOT start anything new till I've finished (ooops, I said it) all the quilting for it. I may work on other projects that had already been started, but no new ones. lol

Misty56 01-13-2007 11:59 AM

I am not that bad at all. I only have the one that I am working on that is not finished, But I have many many more in my head........... :P Misty

Jezebel George 01-13-2007 01:19 PM

Let's see - working on a wall hanging - working on a CW reproduction pp quilt - need to quilt 4 others - working on piecing 3 more. That's close to all of them.

Knot Sew 01-13-2007 03:04 PM

I'm so glad I am in such good company. I have fabric set aside for two ;a pattern for another. One rag quilt half done. A denim quilt half finished . Pieces all cut for one, afew cut for one, two that need quilting.
I'm feeling a bit over whelmed,maybe I should start another.LOL.....The room I'm using is a mess, I think I need to get it straightened...well that's it . Do I get a prize?

ceannastahr 01-13-2007 04:48 PM

Well add one more for me. My 8 yr old granddaughter wants a puff quilt in pink or purple. She says her old care bear quilt just doesn't go in her new grown up room. (Now that she doesn't have share a room with one of her 4 brothers) Here I thought she was still a little girl. I guess I was wrong.

I know I saw it somewhere so I guess I'll have to hunt for it. Maybe if I'm luckly I'll finish by her birthday in Oct, LOL