Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dry Hands (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dry-hands-t35607.html)

Bottle Blonde 01-31-2010 05:48 PM

I use Neosporin or another triple antibiotic ointment for cracks on my hands - I love the heavy thick pink moisturizer from Mary Kay cosmetics for my dry skin.

Marcia 01-31-2010 06:01 PM

I use the Eucerin cream that comes in a jar and is labeled for really dry skin. I slather it on at night--my hands and feet. It helps so much. My skin usually cracks and bleeds in the winter and it hasn't this year because I have been using this cream.

Kyiav10 01-31-2010 06:41 PM

I also have this problem. I hate lotion. When My thumbs split from the needle pokes and dry skin I use Liquid Skin. I think it helps. I try to remember to put lotion on but hate the feeling.

Kyia

Quilter7x 01-31-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
I use Neosporin or another triple antibiotic ointment for cracks on my hands - I love the heavy thick pink moisturizer from Mary Kay cosmetics for my dry skin.

Mary Kay has a "Satin Hands" set that I love. It has the extra emollient night cream (the thick pink stuff mentioned above), hand scrub and their hand cream. When you use the whole set, your hands feel wonderful and it really does help with dry hands. Expensive, but nice stuff.

littlehud 01-31-2010 09:41 PM

I use bag balm. It works great for me.

Margie 01-31-2010 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I use a balm called Truckers Friend. You can buy it at truck stops and it works quickly and very well. Cheap, too.

Purplemen....what are you doing "hanging around truck stops"....I have been suspicious of you for a long time...NOW I have proof ROFL :)

Margie

Quilter7x 02-01-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Margie

Originally Posted by purplemem
I use a balm called Truckers Friend. You can buy it at truck stops and it works quickly and very well. Cheap, too.

Purplemen....what are you doing "hanging around truck stops"....I have been suspicious of you for a long time...NOW I have proof ROFL :)

Margie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yesyoucan 02-01-2010 05:45 PM

It is so funny this came up, I just read about bag balm,it was made for cows teets but the farmers wives got jeolous of their husbands smooth hands,while theres were cracking,It is made with only two ingredients,lanolin and petrolium based something,I forgot what it was called,It is made in vermont by a small company it only has very few empoyees.

gmcsewer 02-02-2010 06:21 AM

At a quilt show in OKC I purchased a hand product with shea butter in it and it has helped with my dry hands while quilting.

oldswimmer 02-02-2010 06:42 AM

My hands get so abused by gardening and chlorine.... I use Burts bees Hand salve. It is best used at night and then put some gloves on. It can be oily, so don't use it before you quilt. I do, however, rub some on before I garden, and it helps keep my hands from so much abuse! My husband doesnt like the smell..... hmmmmm.....that could be used to my advangage at certain times...LOL