Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EEK! Took the Plunge and thanks for the welcome! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eek-took-plunge-thanks-welcome-t270508.html)

boykinsmommy 09-29-2015 09:31 AM

EEK! Took the Plunge and thanks for the welcome!

Thank you to everyone here for the warm welcome! What a great group! I know I will enjoy coming here as often as I can. Being a mom of 3 boys, well, I'm lucky to have time for anything...except trying to keep my sanity! LOL!!

Well after some hemming and hawing andagonizing and prayer, I took the plunge! I ordered two Juki's fromthe nearest authorized dealer (this is the guy who sells primarilythe larger industrial ones and didn't have the ones I want in stock). I'm not super excited about him in particular but I wasn't impressedwith the other quilt shop near him either. I called them thismorning and they wanted to sell me their floor model Elna's and theydon't have any Janome's in stock...weird. I said well what is theprice for the Janome 8900 anyway and she couldn't give it to me (orwouldn't) because the “Elna is the same as the Janome 8900”. Well not to me it isn't. SO, I don't like bait and switch...eventhough I know they are the same company now. It just feels an awfullot like what I just went through with Husqvarna. No thanks. Pricewas also a factor, The cost of the two Juki's was less that the oneElna and since I don't know Elna beyond that it was wonderful yearsago, I decided to take the plunge with the Juki's.

Now I'm nervous, excited, freaked outand full of anticipation!! It's like being a kid again and waitingfor Christmas! They are supposed to arrive on Friday. The dealerdoesn't want to offer classes (he's a cheap skate like most dealers)but that's ok, he doesn't know much about them to offer any classesanyway. I never did take a class on my Husqvarna either....themanual was good enough and just figuring it all out.

I will post pics ASAP...going to be along rainy weekend this weekend so I'm thinking there is going to besome serious play time going on!! WOOT! There is supposed to be aquilt show this weekend nearby too. It's a small one, just quiltsmostly so I'm excited...I've never been to one. I also found outthere is a Guild about 20 minutes from me that I can join! Yay! Today is shaping up to be a pretty good day...or part colossalmistake...LOL!!! Time will tell!

Again, thanks all! I appreciatefeeling like I just stepped in to a group of friends!

Dina 09-29-2015 09:43 AM

Well, you have made some real decisions. What fun....new machines, quilt guild nearby, quilt show....fun stuff ahead! Welcome to the group. It's a great place to be.

Dina

NJ Quilter 09-29-2015 09:57 AM

Congrats on your decisions! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new machines. And welcome from NJ. I saw in your other thread you are from CT...what part? I have family there and have been spending way more time this past year than normal. And that's not likely to change any time soon.

boykinsmommy 09-29-2015 10:04 AM

Thanks! NJ Quilter I'm from the South East part of the state. Where is your family?

Jeanne S 09-29-2015 10:20 AM

You won't need a class on the Juki TL2010q. Just take a few minutes to read the manual. You will love it!!

barny 09-29-2015 12:38 PM

HELLO, and welcome to the quilting board. You will love it here.

tallchick 09-29-2015 12:41 PM

Congratulations , you will love them!! They are super easy to use and you will be in heaven!!!

bjchad 09-29-2015 02:16 PM

HI, welcome to the board. I'm also from south east NJ .. Which guild is your closest? I'm a member at South Shore Stitchers. maybe I'll see you there. Furiously trying to finish a quilt for our show in mid October.

suern3 09-29-2015 03:04 PM

Glad you were able to make your decision. That is so hard sometimes. You might want to look at Leah Day's website, daystyledesigns.com. On some of her earlier FMQ videos she is using a Juki. I don't know which one, but thought it might be fun and informational for you. Have fun with your new machines.

Kitsie 09-29-2015 04:21 PM

And there are all the Juki people right here to help you a lot!!

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 7331197)
You won't need a class on the Juki TL2010q. Just take a few minutes to read the manual. You will love it!!