Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Electric Quilt - have you used it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/electric-quilt-have-you-used-t159842.html)

sewlady31 10-13-2011 06:11 AM

I have a EQ5 and have it installed on my computer with
Windows 7 and use it all the time. Eq will help you with
the issues that you are having with instillation, all you have to do is give them a call. They are very customer friendly, and have never been disappointed with their service. I have not wanted to upgrade, mainly due to the added expense, I have always had wonderful service from them, when I had a question.

weezie 10-13-2011 06:59 AM

I think I'm in the minority, but I do not use my EQ5 and consider it a total waste of money. Of all the many quilting notions that I have spent money on, this is the one that I most regret purchasing.

MTS 10-13-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
I think I'm in the minority, but I do not use my EQ5 and consider it a total waste of money. Of all the many quilting notions that I have spent money on, this is the one that I most regret purchasing.

So sell it.

moreland 10-13-2011 07:24 AM

I have EQ6 but use it very little. I think I am not really a creative type person. I do better with letting others do the designing and I do the making! I only have used it to design quilt labels and a few quilt tops. For me, it has not been a very good investment, but When I want to use it, then I am glad I have it on my pc.

unclefreckles 10-13-2011 07:34 AM

It is a software package that will do the figuring for you but you do need to spend some time learning the program. I have EQ7 and have used it several times and like it. But you must invest the time needed to learn how to use it or it is a waste of your money.

vicki reno 10-13-2011 07:37 AM

I am technology challenged. I have EQ5 and can't make heads or tails out of my instructions. even bought a 2nd book on it. Just can't seem to get the hang of it!

Jean Ros 10-13-2011 07:48 AM

I don't have EQ 5 but I have both the EQ 6 & 7 and love them. I do BOM ( block of the Month) for 2 quilt clubs and use the EQ making the BOM for the members. I still have a lot to go though the books but so far I have enjoyed EQ.

weezie 10-13-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by MTS

So sell it.

Thank you for suggesting the obvious, but I haven't yet finished playing with EQ5, nor studying the accompanying manual. Perhaps there is at least one feature that I will find useful, so that I will have either less or no regrets for having purchased it.

Geri B 10-13-2011 08:25 AM

I have ver 5 and really don't use it to its max. I do like it for example to take a pattern for a lap size and enlarge it to a queen/king and then print out the fabric needed.....better than guessing, especially now that fab is so costly.

I don't "design" quilts so that is not a priority for me......I was going to upgrade, but decided what I use it for what I have right now is enough.

MTS 10-13-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by MTS

So sell it.

Thank you for suggesting the obvious, but I haven't yet finished playing with EQ5, nor studying the accompanying manual. Perhaps there is at least one feature that I will find useful, so that I will have either less or no regrets for having purchased it.

Ah, yes.
I see how I mistakenly inferred from your op that you were not yet done exploring the software and manual, and were, in fact, still searching for a useful feature.