Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   elmo pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/elmo-pattern-t56599.html)

tula 07-28-2010 04:36 AM

My 1 yr old grandson loves all things Elmo. Does anyone know of an Elmo pattern for a quilt? I would love to do something other than just "elmo" fabric but will if I can't figure out a way to do something different. Any suggestions/ideas/ would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone on this board you are all so helpful!

pee wee 07-28-2010 04:54 AM

what about appliques gotten from coloring books??

Quiltzilla 07-28-2010 05:20 AM

How about a DIY Chenille Elmo in the center. It would be a very good tactile feature for a baby quilt. It would most likely need to be made apart from the quilt and appliqued, do to the chenille process.

stefanib123 07-28-2010 05:22 AM

I could probably cut you out some appliques with my Cricut machine. Let me see if I can find an Elmo file.....

Judlou 07-28-2010 05:30 AM

I have a book called "Quilting with the Muppets" copiedright 2000. Never used it is fusible applique but you could probibly change that. It you are interested in the book let me know. Would mail it to you very cheep. [email protected]

Has Elmo in a 7 1/2" block but you could inlarge it.

dakotamaid 07-28-2010 06:03 AM

"google" elmo coloring pages and lots will come up.

Grammy o'5 07-28-2010 06:31 AM

I made my grandson an Elmo quilt using an outline of Elmo's head I found online (I believe it was from coloring pages), then used red, yellow & black fleece and appliqued it to the solid color quilt. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of it. Grandson and quilt are in New Mexico, I'm in Nevada :cry:

dahardey 07-02-2012 02:28 PM

Do you still have this book?

My little granddaughter loves Elmo. I am going to make her a quilt and was wondering if this might be appropriate. Thanks. Donna

Originally Posted by Judlou (Post 1362996)
I have a book called "Quilting with the Muppets" copiedright 2000. Never used it is fusible applique but you could probibly change that. It you are interested in the book let me know. Would mail it to you very cheep. [email protected]

Has Elmo in a 7 1/2" block but you could inlarge it.

Handcraftsbyjen 07-02-2012 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltzilla (Post 1362970)
How about a DIY Chenille Elmo in the center. It would be a very good tactile feature for a baby quilt. It would most likely need to be made apart from the quilt and appliqued, do to the chenille process.

I like the chenille idea. If you use Chenille So Easy, you will be done so quickly. You could even do an outline of his face the full circles for the facial features or full chenille for his face.

JustAbitCrazy 07-03-2012 01:22 AM

I have one in my head I haven't started yet. It is Elmo's full body on the quilt, done in fringe-cut strips of red fleece, sewn all over his body, to be 3-D and fur-like. Should be easy to sketch out the body on a background and fill in with the "fur" strips. :p