Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Elvis Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/elvis-quilt-t40767.html)

3699quilter 03-26-2010 12:25 PM

My daughter's teacher is an Elvis fanatic. I'd like to make her a quilt using Elvis prints. Need ideas for patterns and if anyone knows websites that sell Elvis theme fabric, that would be great. I've only seen a few. She will have the same teacher next year, so I have plenty of time to get it done.

amma 03-26-2010 12:31 PM

One of the quilt shops a couple of years ago held a Elvis quilt contest... I would google Elvis+quilts+images and you will get a lot of different ideas. Walmart carries a lot of Elvis fabrics as well as various LQS and online shops.

QuiltingGrannie 03-26-2010 12:32 PM

Our local Walmart carries a few Elvis fabrics. One customer has a room dedicated and decorated in all Elvis, quilt, curtains etc. I think she just did a block quilt.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-26-2010 12:35 PM

I have some Elvis fabric I don't think I will be using it.

3699quilter 03-26-2010 12:41 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I have never seen Elvis fabric in any store - found very few on websites. Oklahoma Suzie let me know if you want to sell your fabric.

skyle1968 03-26-2010 01:42 PM

I've bought some elvis fabric from Hancocks recently.

NHSOMND 03-26-2010 01:54 PM

eQuilter.com has a few prints and fabrics. Just do a search on the web site.

3699quilter 03-26-2010 02:34 PM

They closed all the Hancock's in Michigan - too bad it was a nice store. I am familiar with eQuilter.com so I will check that out as well. Thank You!

NauDeeGal 03-26-2010 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by 3699quilter
My daughter's teacher is an Elvis fanatic. I'd like to make her a quilt using Elvis prints. Need ideas for patterns and if anyone knows websites that sell Elvis theme fabric, that would be great. I've only seen a few. She will have the same teacher next year, so I have plenty of time to get it done.

My immediate thoughts when I read your post were:

appliqued guitars
appliqued blue suede shoes
aplliqued record album
appliqued king
aplliqued rock 'n' roll
piano border

Fabrics ideas:
Hawaiin print
black, white, gold and purple solid fabrics

By the way, I am not an Elvis fan but 2 of my Aunts are and I have made many projects for them over the years. The projects are fun to do.

craftybear 03-26-2010 03:59 PM

Wow, awesome ideas!

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal

Originally Posted by 3699quilter

My immediate thoughts when I read your post were:

appliqued guitars
appliqued blue suede shoes
aplliqued record album
appliqued king
aplliqued rock 'n' roll
piano border

Fabrics ideas:
Hawaiin print
black, white, gold and purple solid fabrics

By the way, I am not an Elvis fan but 2 of my Aunts are and I have made many projects for them over the years. The projects are fun to do.