Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embrilliance Essentials Embroidery Softwarre (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embrilliance-essentials-embroidery-softwarre-t246003.html)

quiltsillysandi 04-29-2014 02:44 PM

Embrilliance Essentials Embroidery Softwarre

I've recently bought an embroidery machine and I'm looking for anyone that is using Embrilliance Essentials Embroidery Software....I've installed the trial version, and appears to be easy enough to use, but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles with this version........If you have this software, could you please let me know what you think, good and bad......Thanks so much,

Sandi

Dolphyngyrl 04-29-2014 08:07 PM

I have babylocks designers gallery embroidery works everyday and advanced which is embrilliance with all of the add on's plus online classes. I love it. It is very user friendly, lots of stuff you can do to a design without digitizing. I didn't bond with my pe design plus, but am thinking of upgrading to next in the future for digitizing as I took a small class on pe design next and it looks pretty easy for what was shown, but the embroidery works/embrilliance are designed more modern style so everything is visual and super easy to use. My advice is to demo several until you find one you bond with because I wish I had known that a year and half ago when I purchased my first embroidery machine.

Sandygirl 04-30-2014 02:25 AM

I have Embrilliance Essentials and the Alpha Fonts. Purchased both in December 2013. I like it so far. I use it for editing...i dont digitize. (At this level, it is not a digitizing program. ). There is a Forum on their website. Very helpful. It has all hoop sizes loaded into it. You do have to identify YOUR hoop size when setting up your designs. I used to use Janome Customizer...still have it. I am learning Embrilliance one day at a time,... as I do with any program.

Sandy

quiltsillysandi 05-01-2014 02:28 PM

Thanks so much Sandy! I am very new to embroidery and I'm needing something affordable that is easy to learn....I really want the Alpha Tricks too for quilt labels....my machine is an older model, Bernina 170, uses cables to hook up to a laptop, but it stitches beautifully..."MissSusie" is my starter embroidery machine ... And I'm already wanting a higher end model....:)

quiltsillysandi 05-01-2014 02:36 PM

Hi dolphin, one thing I noticed was that EE seemed to be user friendly in the demo version compared to Embird.....you definitely are right about trying different programs....EE is very affordable I think compared to some of the top of the line software being sold.....I have an older model Bernina that uses cables to hookup to my laptop, but she stitches beautiful.......I use a free version of Artlink that sends my designs to the machine.....their softwRe is around 700.00 I think where the EE is 150.00....would love to be able to digitize, but that will have to wait....thanks so much for your input!!! Sandi

ann31039 05-01-2014 06:05 PM

I was using the stitch era free software until it went "not free" in january. I never really figured it out, it was not easy so I wouldn't pay for it. Been doing some research and it came down to embird or sew what pro. I downloaded the demo of sew what pro and am impressed. it is very easy and I probably will buy it this weekend. It has the modules for the different things also. So you can get what you need as you need it. I think the total for all the modules was around 240.00.

Sheri.a 05-01-2014 08:17 PM

Has anyone tried EQStitch? I'm new at embroidery design and I'm wanting to use it for simple designs for quilting quilts. I have EQ7.

quiltsillysandi 05-02-2014 12:13 PM

Thanks Ann for your response.........I purchased the Embrilliance Essentials...Love it!! So easy to use....Will have to check out the Sew What Pro as this has a 90 day money back guarantee, just never know, I might like it better....Right now though, Embrilliance does everything I need and then some.....Thanks again....:)

quiltsillysandi 05-02-2014 12:14 PM

I haven't Sheri......Wish I could be of more help.....Sandi

jem39 03-27-2016 09:09 AM

I recently bought Embrilliance Essentials. Haven't a clue how it works. Is there a manual or a ReadMe file that comes with it that I can print out?