Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery Experts - Question on Embird (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-experts-question-embird-t42708.html)

nursie76 04-14-2010 07:35 AM

Am looking for a reasonably priced digitizing program to ease into creating own designs from clip art, etc. Is there a version of Embird that does that or is it a strictly editing and management program?
Would appreciate any input you could provide.

Thanks

JudyG 04-14-2010 07:40 AM

Yes, you can buy the digitizing portion of Embird (it is called Studio). It's a very user friendly program. You would need to buy the basic Embird program, then the Studio add on. Their prices are very reasonable. I would also suggest you get their iconizer add on as it is very helpful in seeing your embroidery design icons.

nursie76 04-14-2010 07:44 AM

Thanks. I have a Bernina and it will read PES, XXX and a number of other file types, so I think this will work with it. I just don't want to spend almost $1000 for the Bernina program when I am not sure I will have the patience to learn the digitizing.

SewExtremeSeams 04-14-2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Thanks. I have a Bernina and it will read PES, XXX and a number of other file types, so I think this will work with it. I just don't want to spend almost $1000 for the Bernina program when I am not sure I will have the patience to learn the digitizing.

Yes, I agree with you in not wanting to spend $$$ on Bernina's software for embroidery. I love my Bernina but some of their stuff is so pricey.

pam1966 04-14-2010 08:36 AM

I'll be interested in how you like this if you buy it; like you I don't want to spend all the $$$$ for the Bernina software.

ScubaK 04-14-2010 08:54 AM

Embird is a great program that you buy the parts that you need/want.
I haven't done much digitizing in it.
Bonnie at BDZines has some great lessons and there are some wonderful Yahoo groups for Embird as well.
Kirsten

nursie76 04-14-2010 09:11 AM

Thanks, I am going to do some research on it.

Candace 04-14-2010 11:01 AM

Also check on the digitizing software offered by Floriani (sp? the stabilizer company). My dealer actually offers classes on this software as well as the Bernina one. I'm assuming it's much cheaper.

JudyG 04-14-2010 02:47 PM

Floriani is also a very expensive software. I don't think you can beat the price to Embird. Especially since you can buy it a section at a time. As long as you have the basic embird (the editing software), you can add the others as you can afford them or need them.

nursie76 04-14-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Floriani is also a very expensive software. I don't think you can beat the price to Embird. Especially since you can buy it a section at a time. As long as you have the basic embird (the editing software), you can add the others as you can afford them or need them.

That is my one problem with Embird. I don't need the editing software, at least I don't think I do....hmmmm...guess I had better do some more research. :roll: