Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-machine-lovers-july-2012-a-t193250.html)

krissr 07-05-2012 09:30 AM

I have the snap hoops and do not care for them especially for the price. I mostly use baste in the hoop so I can align the design really well.

twoxover 07-05-2012 09:33 AM

here is a question for you...i lent out my babylock ellure. it's been returned, and has a ton of adhesive overspray on the bed of the machine. any idea as to how to best remove it???? thanks!

Sophie2 07-05-2012 09:42 AM

I believe rubbing alchol will take it off. Makes you wonder why there is so much spray all over the machine. Guess that is why I don't lend mine out.

Originally Posted by twoxover (Post 5341021)
here is a question for you...i lent out my babylock ellure. it's been returned, and has a ton of adhesive overspray on the bed of the machine. any idea as to how to best remove it???? thanks!

twoxover 07-05-2012 09:48 AM

thank you Sophie-i will try the rubbing alcohol.

MartiMorga 07-05-2012 12:31 PM

I am not a long time quilter - I have not been the best apparel seamstress. But I love to sew, and love my embroidery machine. Back in 2003 I finally decided to make the investment in an embroidery machine and a newer serger. I went to the Bernina dealer for a demo and they had to "reboot" thier machine 3 times and it still wasn't working correctly. I thought I have a pain in the #@& computer at home already, this just can't be for me. I ended up at the Baby Lock / Singer dealer in town. I was given a demo of the Elegante - wonderful, love it, love it, love it. Have had it now almost 10 years and still no problems. Have embroidered on a lot of things, no problem. Also got a fantastic Baby Lock serger with air threading, LOVE IT!!!! Plus I love the LQS that sold me the machine. Must be the friendliest people in town and so knowledgable. If you haven't seen the Baby Lock Elisamo, your in for a big treat.

joycet 07-06-2012 06:13 AM

All that and a Bernina too!!

Seems more like the deal of the century!! LOL wish I could find something like that..when I had the money of course.

Quilty-Louise 07-06-2012 07:14 AM

Another great product is "goo gone" I have the spray gel bottle and
this stuff is amazing and has an orange scent to it.

DO NOT spray directly on anything spray onto a paper towel or napkin
and gently rub the wipe residue with a warm soapy cloth followed by a
warm water cloth rinse repeat as needed.

I KNOW this works as I have used it MANY times on my machine to get
tape residue off. But I never had to remove spray adhesive though.

Originally Posted by twoxover (Post 5341021)

sewnsewer2 07-06-2012 07:25 AM

vhord, they are beautiful!

Pieces2 07-06-2012 10:32 AM

I have a Bernina 180E and love doing embroiderey. I mostly make quilt blocks/quilts.
I buy the CD's and use a PES2 to transfer the patterns to a design card.
The original designs were very expensive, but the CD's make the designs more affordable.
I usually make childrens crib/lab quilts.
There are so many cute designs its hard to choose. :)

Happy Tails 07-07-2012 03:25 AM

I also have started about 6 years ago with the Babyock line. I started with a simple sewing machine then kept trading up until I got the Ellegante2 and now I'm dying to trade up to the Ellisamo Gold but I'm so sad...The dealer I kept trading up with lost the BL franchise and there's nobody here to trade it up. I did write to the company, so we'll see if they're willing to help me. I LOVE THE BABYLOCKS!!!

Originally Posted by MartiMorga (Post 5341292)
I am not a long time quilter - I have not been the best apparel seamstress. But I love to sew, and love my embroidery machine. Back in 2003 I finally decided to make the investment in an embroidery machine and a newer serger. I went to the Bernina dealer for a demo and they had to "reboot" thier machine 3 times and it still wasn't working correctly. I thought I have a pain in the #@& computer at home already, this just can't be for me. I ended up at the Baby Lock / Singer dealer in town. I was given a demo of the Elegante - wonderful, love it, love it, love it. Have had it now almost 10 years and still no problems. Have embroidered on a lot of things, no problem. Also got a fantastic Baby Lock serger with air threading, LOVE IT!!!! Plus I love the LQS that sold me the machine. Must be the friendliest people in town and so knowledgable. If you haven't seen the Baby Lock Elisamo, your in for a big treat.