Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which Embroidery Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-machine-t82085.html)

Dayken 12-11-2010 07:44 AM

Hi, I'm not sure if my first post went to the introduction of myself as a new member or if it went to the main topic section. If I am repeating myself - forgive me. I'm looking at embroidery machines - Brothers 770, Janome 11000 or 350 or the MBA ( what is this) , Viking machines and maybe the Phaff 2170. If any of you have used these - how do you like them? It is going to take me a while to find all the right ways to communicate on this site - I'll try not to repeat myself again.

amma 12-11-2010 07:45 AM

At the top of the page is My Topics, you can find all of the topics you create there :D:D:D

lllog 12-11-2010 07:57 AM

In my opinion, a stand alone embroidery machine is your best buy. That way, you can work with it at the same time you sew with a second machine. They tell you that you can start a design and walk off an leave it, generally thats not the case. You don't have to sit there staring at it, but you need to be in the same room and listening to it. Not to mention changing threads.

My first choice is the Janome, and if you can get the 300E, its a great machine for the price. The 350 comes next.

Just remmember, when you combine two functions, sewing and emb, you short change each a little to compensate for the other.

I've sold Janome, Viking and Singer embroidery machines, and for the money, you can't do better than Janome. Although I haven't sold Brothers, I understand that their stand-alone mach is pretty good as well.

Lanny

smtp5 12-11-2010 08:24 AM

Babylock also is great--starts out small price then up to as much as you can afford. I have the Ellagate2 and love it.

scowlkat 12-11-2010 08:50 AM

First choice, Janome then Babylock. Love them both.

smtp5 12-11-2010 09:03 AM

I think if you would try each out, then make your choice, everyone has their own favorites! Mine is the Babylock!

Yarn or Fabric 12-11-2010 09:36 AM

I personally would not touch the Janome 300e - only because it is lacking a few very nice things that they included in the 350e - like an auto threader which to me is worth the price alone...

I like the Brother 770/780 with or without the Disney. It is a good machine as well especially since you can usually get one for about $850 or so.

I have owned the Janome 350e - sold it to buy the MB4 which is a 4 needle machine, really REALLY loud and heavier than sin. I hated that machine and sold it, bought a Brother 4500d and have not looked back since.

The biggest thing is - what do you plan to do with it? If you are planning on setting up shop, doing craft shows or commercial work than a home machine is not the way to go.

I personally would go for either the Janome 350e or the Brother 770/780. They are both good solid machines.