Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery Machine Users (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-machine-users-t206685.html)

NUBQ 11-23-2012 07:10 PM

Try the Metro poly embroidery thread.. I have used it on my Janome 300E since I bought it a few years ago.. Once in awhile I'll get a shred, but not much..I always use a thread holder/heavy stand, that's placed a few inches back of the machine. This a tip I found online.. I have just purchased the box of Metro varigated..Can't wait to create with it...This thread is a lot less expensive than most...I don't want to say 'cheaper'..as it's a nice quality...

jitkaau 11-24-2012 03:44 AM

Robison Anton, FusFus, Isacord, Aurifil, Wonderfil, Mettler, Guterman, = all good except for the Sulky variety which breaks on all of my machines.

kittiebug 11-24-2012 04:09 AM

I've been using Robison-Antion Poly and Rayon , Love there thread. For at less 25 years . Just see
what works best in your machine. good luck....:o

Reba'squilts 11-24-2012 04:31 AM

When I got my Viking (designer two) I bought tons of sulky on sale at Joann's. I did not know that there were special threads that worked better. That said....I do not have a problem with the sulky thread. I now have the Diamond. Sulky works great on it too. I also get some threads at LQS...do not know the brand! I guess I am lucky my machines have not been fussy!

Scakes 11-24-2012 05:33 AM

I usually use Sulky. I do have some Coats and Clark but it doesn't work well in my machine - too much breaking and linty. (But the c&c works fine in my regular machine so sometimes I use it on there for decorative stitches.)

Shorebird 11-24-2012 05:37 AM

I started out with Madera, but switched to RobisonAnton, and love it! I have both a Designer Diamond and a Pfaff Creative Sensation and both stitch wonderfully with the Robison threads.....I have issues with both machines with the Madera breaking.

misskitty5 11-24-2012 05:56 AM

I use Robinson Anton. Thanks for the heads up regarding purchasing from Sears--had no idea they carried embroidery thread.

Barb in Louisiana 11-24-2012 05:56 AM

I have a Brother Innovis 4000D. It will sew with anything. I do use the embroidery needles for the 6 needle Brother machines. I believe the eye is slightly larger, which may help with not having problems with fraying. The needles. Organ HAx130EB 80/12, were bought from Allbrands at their recommendation. They did say that if I was doing very dense fine work I could use the size 11, or for thicker denser fabrics use the 14. I have never had to buy those.

I buy sets of any polyster embroidery thread from Ebay. I usually get 50 to 100 spools or more as a set. I average less than $1 per 1100 yd spool. I cringe to think about the money I would have spent if I had spent $4 to $8 per spool. One of my sets is ARC thread (not from Ebay) which has +300 colors. I am never at a loss to match up a color.

I have not used rayon thread. When I bought my machine, rayon had a bad problem with bleeding when washed. I understand that the bleeding problem has been solved, but I have so much of the polyster that I just don't need any more thread.

This year at the IQF in Houston, I bought every metallic that Marathon made....in the very large spools. I am really hoping my very used Brother doesn't argue with me about this thread. lol Guess I went a little bit crazy!

rakerlm 11-24-2012 05:58 AM

i use Kingstar which I buy from www.embroiderystore.com. Kingstar has a wonderful shine, never have problems with shredding or breakage and the metallics run through my Janome 10001 and my Babylock 6 needle perfectly. Love -love - love Kingstar thread. I use a thread stand and the 5000 meter cones.

katesnanna 11-24-2012 06:55 AM

I use Royal, Outback, Isacord ,Robison Anton, Mills, QA and Birch. My machine doesn't seem to mind. They all work fine. I have quite a number of Maderia but they are small spools not mini cones.
I have been collecting Royal for several years. Outback (by Glen Harris) I bought the whole range,100 mini cones for $295.00 last year. I also have quite a few RA. Picked them up for about $1.28 per 1100yd. mini cones.
Yesterday I got 6 spools of Brother bobbin thread with a $40.00 off bonus coupon (spend $100.00) bought other stuff as well. Last time I bought batting and it already had 20% off before the $40.00.