Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Embroidery machines. (Help) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/embroidery-machines-help-t243097.html)

newjeepgreen 03-13-2014 12:30 AM

Embroidery machines. (Help)

Is there anyone on the board who has any of these embroidery machines as I have been thinking of buying one but really need something simple to work and not too expensive. Have seen these advertised for sale and was wondering if make and price were realistic.
Brother innovis 750E. £400. Singer quantum future CE200. £440. Brother SE400 £500. These are priced in Sterling
thank you for looking

patricej 03-13-2014 01:37 AM

Brother embroidery machines have an excellent reputation, from the least expensive model up to their top of the line.
Everybody I know who owns one is very happy with theirs.
I don't think you'd go wrong if you got a Brother with the largest available embroidery field you can afford.

Gay 03-13-2014 01:57 AM

I agree with you Patrice. I have 2 Brothers and find they are the easiest to understand and use of most embroidery machines and not as expensive as others. One was preloved and the later model half the price due to a new model introduced, and I've never needed a lesson to figure them out. The manuals explain things so simply.

nygal 03-13-2014 02:27 AM

I also own a BROTHER embroidery machine and I've never had a problem with it.

EllieGirl 03-13-2014 02:35 AM

I have a Brother SE400 and a Brother Dream Weaver. The important thing to think about before buying an embroidery machine is the size of embroidery are you want to work with. The SE400 is a great little machine, but the largest area you can embroider is 4x4", which is not very big. That was the reason I bought the Dream Weaver, and because of the large open throat area for FMQ. The Dream Weaver is pricy, $5000, but worth every single penny of it.

Dixiebelle 03-13-2014 04:24 AM

No matter what you deside, make sure you get lessons and the program you get to transfer the embroidery to the machine is user friendly. I stumbled for years because I never was offered classess.

Quilty-Louise 03-13-2014 04:50 AM

I have 2 Brother emb/sewing machine mine are mid-range in price.

I agree try to go with one that has the largest emb field you can afford.
At least a 5x7 you will be MUCH happier with that size as to the 4x4 only.

If you can afford it I know MANY people who have the Brother PE770 series
and are happy that is it embroidery only and has a 5x7 field.

I have seen this machine priced at $599 to $699 if that is something in
your price range.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you get.
Also there is a post (you have to hunt for it most the time) where many of us
talk embroidery machine and designs.

QuiltnNan 03-13-2014 05:51 AM

i've had my brother for well over 10 years and have been very happy with it. the software was a bit difficult to learn, but very friendly after that

Skratchie 03-13-2014 06:12 AM

I've had two Brother embroidery/sewing machines and loved them both - I'm picking up a new one tomorrow! And my mom has two Brother embroidery/sewing machines and she loves them as well. I can't say enough good things about Brother machines.

TShooters 03-13-2014 07:59 AM

The Singer CE200 is one of the first embroidery machines Singer came out with, I believe, over 10 years ago. According to reviews, it won't play well with newer versions of Windows (Win 7/8). Largest hoop size is about 4"x6". I have the CE350, and bought the HyperFont software (extra), and the software doesn't list that model.