Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

Quilty-Louise 12-10-2012 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hmmm I could see it just fine from all my computers
(netbook, laptop and desktop).

Lets see if you can see it here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]381344[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5709188)
Quilty-Louise,
don't see the picture :(

quiltnut4ever 12-10-2012 07:46 AM

Avery stickers

Quilty-Louise,
yep see it and on my way to walmart! Thanks!

Jratcliff 12-10-2012 07:57 AM

[QUOTE=romanojg;5705573 My teacher recommends his books and he has lots of free info on his website along with some classes that you can pay to take. His site is mrpatience.com.[/QUOTE]

I just signed up for his newsletter, and spent a ton of time going through his videos. Awesome!
Thank you for the recommendation.
Jane

Jratcliff 12-10-2012 08:01 AM

I downloaded some designs to make holiday cards and gift tags. I absolutely love them!
As a newbie to machine embroidery, I learned a couple of things in making the cards.
1. I am now using bobbin thread in the bobbin. Makes a world of difference.
2. In the process of trying different stabilizers. The iron on tear away is pretty thin.
3. Scrapbooking scissors don't work to cut through 3 layers. Now using kitchen shears.
4. A size 14 emb needle makes a very large hole in the cards
If anyone else has tried this and has other suggestions, please chime in here.

Next project will be working with mylar and I have no clue what works best for this.

romanojg 12-10-2012 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff (Post 5710586)
I just signed up for his newsletter, and spent a ton of time going through his videos. Awesome!
Thank you for the recommendation.
Jane

You are most welcome. I watch his video over and over. I want to sign up for his class for the new stitch editor plus. I have one of his books so far on 5D. I also watch all the videos on Vikings website for 4 and 5D. You just never know where you'll learn something new at.

romanojg 12-10-2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff (Post 5710595)
I downloaded some designs to make holiday cards and gift tags. I absolutely love them!
As a newbie to machine embroidery, I learned a couple of things in making the cards.
1. I am now using bobbin thread in the bobbin. Makes a world of difference.
2. In the process of trying different stabilizers. The iron on tear away is pretty thin.
3. Scrapbooking scissors don't work to cut through 3 layers. Now using kitchen shears.
4. A size 14 emb needle makes a very large hole in the cards
If anyone else has tried this and has other suggestions, please chime in here.

Next project will be working with mylar and I have no clue what works best for this.

Go to emblibrary.com and under projects or kenny's corner he has lots on the card and the mylar. You might also want to check out a product called Angelina. It starts out as a fiber and you can mix it to create different looks and then you iron it before putting it on the fabric. Has a similar look as mylar but a lot more versatile since you can mix the colors

quiltnut4ever 12-11-2012 05:00 AM

Jratcliff:
I have 3 cd's from purely gates for mylar designs. I got the mylar from my lqs and michaels and even the dollar tree store. Just remember that the designs are specifically digitized for Mylar since there is more spacing in btwn the design sew-out. I have a design Im going to try this week and hopefully post it here.

QuilterMomma 12-11-2012 09:12 AM

So tell me someone. Why is my machine telling me it is the wrong hoop size "use larger embroidery hoop" when I have the large in which takes 5 x 7 and I was just using it on a larger design, then load another one in which is smaller and it errors with the larger hoop issue. I load a smaller design in it does the same thing but I just used the bugger with a larger design and was fine. I have turned off and reset program, computer, and emb machine. It is a Bernina 165. Just the darndest thing. I am doing the Peppermint Twist table runner. Any ideas?

Sophie2 12-11-2012 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by badaisie (Post 5710111)
It seems like I had that prblm before with my viking and there was a update to fix it, a while back.

I did call a dealer and told me to bring it in to be checked. Maybe it will get the update. Thanks.

sewnsewer2 12-11-2012 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5708522)
As some of you may know I LOVE making FSL,
and as you know when making FSL to get the
BEST look you should using the same thread in
the bobbin that you use for the "top".

But then that in itself posses an issue knowing
WHAT the color number is in the bobbin at a later
date so that you can make sure to use the same color
in the top for next time.

Well I FINALLY figured out a solution that I find works
GREAT (for me at least). I purchased (from WalMart)
"Avery Color Coding Labels" in both round 3/4" & 1/2"x3/4"
also got them in white. They are "removable" stickers so
hopefully they won't leave adhesive residue on the bobbins.

But at least NOW I can mark the bobbins and have an accurate
"knowledge" of what the color is (at least from this point on).
Still not sure what to do about the bobbins that are already full.

LOL

For those of you who are machine embroidery newbies FSL means
Free Standing Lace.

Here is a picture of the labels just in case anyone wants to
see what the packaging looks like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]381124[/ATTACH]

Good idea, I never thought of that!