Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ for Mac users (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq-mac-users-t253903.html)

AlvaStitcher 09-17-2014 09:58 AM

EQ for Mac users

EQ has come out with programing for Mac users. Does anyone have it and, if so, how do you like it? I want to get one but don't want to have to deal with any potential bugs in the program before it is perfected. Hate to get "newest" anything because I am afraid all the "kinks" haven't been worked out of it yet. Anyone else like that? :rolleyes:

FURBALLS 09-17-2014 11:07 AM

I don't have it yet, but would also like to find out how it works. Have always wanted EQ.

Candace 09-17-2014 11:28 AM

I have it and it works great. I find the program itself isn't as user friendly as I'd like, but that's probably just me.

Charming 09-17-2014 02:17 PM

Thanks Alvastitcher for asking about this as i recently switched to Mac....
Candace
Did you have the windows version before? do you know friends who has it so you can compare with the Mac version?

Thanks

cindi 09-17-2014 03:36 PM

I have it and it works exactly like the Windows version. No difference at all. I had the Windows version and am SO much happier with the Mac version. Don't have to change over any more!! If you have the Windows version, be sure to just get the update - don't pay full price for the Mac version. At least that's what I got when I bought it several months ago. They had a special price for those who already have the Windows version and want to change.

ManiacQuilter2 09-17-2014 04:02 PM

Yes, there is a learning curve. I just updated from EQ5 to EQ7 and I still don't know all the new stuff. But once you get the concept of the sketchboard and the difference between working on a block or a quilt, I think you will be OK. Once you have learn the ropes, it is amazing how many things you can do with just a click of a mouse !! Love the simplicity of import photos of fabrics!!

Charming 09-18-2014 07:00 PM

Cindi...
Wow thanks! i didn't know that all i needed was a migration kit for only $25. That's great, but i just have to make sure this also work when having the EQ stitch too.

Originally Posted by cindi (Post 6893071)
I have it and it works exactly like the Windows version. No difference at all. I had the Windows version and am SO much happier with the Mac version. Don't have to change over any more!! If you have the Windows version, be sure to just get the update - don't pay full price for the Mac version. At least that's what I got when I bought it several months ago. They had a special price for those who already have the Windows version and want to change.

AlvaStitcher 09-20-2014 05:00 AM

Thank you all for the input. I have not used EQ at all before and this will certainly be a big adventure for me. I am not computer literate according to my husband. He gets me straightened out a lot. Lol. Ok I am going to order it!

jokir44 09-20-2014 07:56 PM

There was an interactive tutorial on EQ site and I think it was supposed to stay up. Check to see because it was really helpful to me.