Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ - Quilting Design Software (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq-quilting-design-software-t26062.html)

Iluv2quilt 09-26-2009 06:14 AM

I am thinking about purchasing the EQ design software and wonder if you all could give me your opinions about the program and how it works?

BellaBoo 09-26-2009 06:46 AM

It's the best quilt design software for beginners and advanced users. The EQ website will has tons of info about the program. EQ is so good, at quilt shows, most vendors will not allow pictures to be taken in their booth or any note taking. The vendor knows any quilt design can be recreated with EQ with only a picture or sketch.

kluedesigns 09-26-2009 06:51 AM

i like EQ and use it often.

if you want to start designing your own quilts on computer its the best place to start.

just work thru the exercises in the book that comes with the software and you'll have an excellent background in how the software works.

kluedesigns 09-26-2009 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
EQ is so good, at quilt shows, most vendors will not allow pictures to be taken in their booth or any note taking. The vendor knows any quilt design can be recreated with EQ with only a picture or sketch.

this is exactly why i don't allow pics of my quilts and why i don't post them on my website or any where else on the internet.

i even make the people who buy the quilts sign an agreement that they will not put up photos of the pieces on the web.

i'm always shocked when long arm quilters post pics of other peoples quilt tops. it make me wonder if they asked for the rights to do that.

i don't send my quilts out to be done but if i did i would be so upset to see my quilts posted on various sites.

BellaBoo 09-26-2009 07:33 AM

Klue, do you tell your client about no posting before you make the quilt for them? I think I'd be upset if I paid for a quilt to be made and then was told I could not take send a pic of it on email or to family websites where it would be likely to be posted anywhere from there. Just curious how your clients honor the agreement.

kluedesigns 09-26-2009 07:50 AM

Klue, do you tell your client about no posting before you make the quilt for them? I think I'd be upset if I paid for a quilt to be made and then was told I could not take send a pic of it on email or to family websites where it would be likely to be posted anywhere from there. Just curious how your clients honor the agreement.

yes, they know from the first meeting i have with them and its never been a problem.

i think this is an extremely common practice with artists in my area and in the art galleries you find in the NYC area.

kluedesigns 09-26-2009 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

yes, they know from the first meeting i have with them and its never been a problem.

i think this is an extremely common practice with artists in my area and in the art galleries you find in the NYC area.

i asked DH why he thinks this has never been an issue and he said its because the people who buy my work are artists themselves and respect copyright/reproduction requests.

he also said that the places where the piece is installed has far more valuable equipment in it and most people don't blanket the internet with images of this expensive equipment.

Iluv2quilt 09-26-2009 12:55 PM

Wow, I never thought of people stealing my quilts for their personal use. Although most of what I do so far is common among quilters. is a thought for when I start designing my own. Thank you for the heads up. Does anyone know if I have to buy EQ5 before I can purchase and use EQ6?

swimmom 09-26-2009 01:01 PM

EQ6 does not need EQ5

SharonC 09-26-2009 02:00 PM

I have EQ6 and LOVE IT. I've designed just about every quilt I'm currently making for Christmas gift.

Side Note: I can see Klue's point, I've seen designs and have been able to come home and design with that in mind and make a copy (or close copy--sometimes better) :) :) using the EQ6.