Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ5 - Users Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq5-users-discussion-t240130.html)

QuiltnNan 02-07-2014 06:17 PM

this is the way i do it... i have my quilt design showing in the design pane. then i go to file/send mail. your PJ5, [PJ6, or PJ7 for later versions] file is now attached in your blank email... just fill in the send to and write your note to the recipient about your quilt design. hope that helps. i don't have to export anything or save it as bmp or jpg. i only export as bmp if i want to save the picture of it to post on the board, for instance.

GailM1 02-14-2014 07:41 PM

I have just bought the Dear Jane EQ software and am also fairly underwhelmed by it. I am about a third of the way through the quilt, I am making the blocks quite happily by myself but really wanted to be able to make a virtual design wall. I thought I would be able to do so with this software but it looks like it will take me longer to import all my fabrics and apply to each block than it will to finish the actual quilt itself. I'm thinking I may have wasted my money here.

jillmc 02-15-2014 05:17 AM

So glad I stumbled upon this forum thread! I purchased a used EQ5 recently and I am having fun playing! I am fairly computer challenged, so I am trying to go through the lessons. I am having trouble locating my files though....I save everything to the sketchbook, and I click the save icon as well....but sometimes when I open the sketchbook, it says their are no quilts saved....my other frustration is finding a particular fabric that I have downloaded from EQ site without scrolling thru every month.

cindyb 02-15-2014 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda (Post 6553932)
If anyone has any questions about using your EQ5 don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure there are many members who will help you.

Oh my. I've had mine (EQ5) for a very long time. Each time I go into it I get so frustrated!!! My brain does not work like everyone else's. I know everyone loves this and I want so badly to get it going. I should be retiring in 3 months - planning on jumping into it full fledged and determined to conquer. I plan on going through your tutorial - think I have hope? Wish you were my neighbor.

Rhonda 02-15-2014 09:20 AM

LOL I often wish I could show things in person instead just online.

I have been having trouble with files that say no quilts also. Unfortunately the new technology doesn't support EQ5 real well and that creates these problems. I have found in the past when this happens if you wait awhile you can access that file again. but as to how long to wait can't tell you.

Rhonda 02-15-2014 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by cindyb (Post 6576192)
Oh my. I've had mine (EQ5) for a very long time. Each time I go into it I get so frustrated!!! My brain does not work like everyone else's. I know everyone loves this and I want so badly to get it going. I should be retiring in 3 months - planning on jumping into it full fledged and determined to conquer. I plan on going through your tutorial - think I have hope? Wish you were my neighbor.

Cindy if you want some help just let me know. I'll be happy to walk you through it if need be.

ManiacQuilter2 02-15-2014 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by jillmc (Post 6576017)
So glad I stumbled upon this forum thread! I purchased a used EQ5 recently and I am having fun playing! I am fairly computer challenged, so I am trying to go through the lessons. I am having trouble locating my files though....I save everything to the sketchbook, and I click the save icon as well....but sometimes when I open the sketchbook, it says their are no quilts saved....my other frustration is finding a particular fabric that I have downloaded from EQ site without scrolling thru every month.

Yes, I agree with the frustration of trying to find a particular fabric scrolling thru all the months. I have been thinking of a way to make it easier. Don't know if a cheat sheet would be the best on an index card. You can always save fabrics to your own personal library. I have yet to find out how to copy my old personal fabric library over from my old EQ4 program. Until I can resolve that issue, I don't want to save any fabrics to my own EQ library (called User library).

I have never had the problem with saving a quilt into the sketchbook unless I had a Window error occur. I would suggest when you save a quilt, also save the project (tab file select save). You can always try to save to the sketchbook again and it will give you a message that the quilt has already been saved. Please post any other problems you have because even I have have gaps in what I know of EQ5 and we can all share with what we know.

Rhonda 02-15-2014 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by GailM1 (Post 6575700)
I have just bought the Dear Jane EQ software and am also fairly underwhelmed by it. I am about a third of the way through the quilt, I am making the blocks quite happily by myself but really wanted to be able to make a virtual design wall. I thought I would be able to do so with this software but it looks like it will take me longer to import all my fabrics and apply to each block than it will to finish the actual quilt itself. I'm thinking I may have wasted my money here.

sorry Gail I don't know anything about the Dear Jane software. Maybe someone else will have some experience with it.

Rhonda 02-15-2014 10:29 AM

MQ if your original fabric from 4 is saved in a file on your pc you can import them into your 5 pallette.

Chris48 03-08-2014 11:23 AM

Well, I've had to go and upgrade to V.7 but not by choice. My computer was starting to fade away and had to replace it but EQ5 was not going to work on a Windows 8 computer! Just thought I'd share where I found the software at a very good price even with postage. On www.marvelouscreations.com they do not mention that they sell EQ on the website but do on their Facebook page, their tel no is listed on both places so it was well worth the telephone call. Marv was very nice, even checked to make sure that there was another version coming out since it had been a while since 7 had come out. He was told that there was not another update because the company is working on a Mac version. I couldn't have asked for better customer service and will be checking with them before ordering other products! Now to a question, is there a sub group for V.7?