Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ6 question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq6-question-t39974.html)

Old man- New quilter 03-18-2010 09:28 PM

I have the EQ6 installed on my computer. I attempted to follow the book on learning to use it and simply got frustrated. Does anyone know if classes are offered anywhere to learn this? I'm in the Seattle area.

OR Piecemaker 03-18-2010 09:43 PM

Hi,
I too had trouble with the book on EQ6. There are some classes offered online at "Quilt University." Before I registered for that I ordered a book that I really like. It is EQ6 Simplified, An Easy Learning Guide by Fran Iverson Gonzalea. I find it much easier to follow. I think I ordered it from Amazon.

Just a note: I have a pretty good history of "figuring out" software, but did find this book much easier.

Old man- New quilter 03-18-2010 10:24 PM

Thank you.. I will see if I can find that book.

janRN 03-19-2010 02:41 AM

Thanks for the question--I've felt really stupid. Been trying to figure this out since Christmas and can't get past Lesson 4!! I use a laptop and sometimes the instructions don't work for me. ORPiecemaker: I will get the book you suggested.
Thanks to both of you!!

Oklahoma Suzie 03-19-2010 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by OR Piecemaker
Hi,
I too had trouble with the book on EQ6. There are some classes offered online at "Quilt University." Before I registered for that I ordered a book that I really like. It is EQ6 Simplified, An Easy Learning Guide by Fran Iverson Gonzalea. I find it much easier to follow. I think I ordered it from Amazon.

Just a note: I have a pretty good history of "figuring out" software, but did find this book much easier.

I have EQ5 and I have the book EQ5 simplified, and it really did help.

shaverg 03-19-2010 05:52 AM

I still have to go back sometimes and review. Have you watched you videos that are part of the EQ6 program?

butterflyquilter 03-19-2010 06:51 AM

I got my EQ6 Simplified from the EQ company when I ordered my software.

Originally Posted by Old man- New quilter
Thank you.. I will see if I can find that book.

retrogirl02 03-19-2010 06:56 AM

I'm learning as I go. I don't know about how you learn, but I am VERY visual. The videos are helpful and so is tech support. I do not have the time it would take to go through each of the lessons right now and I needed to use it to figure out the Dear Jane software.

Mabye your local library has a copy of the books you're looking for if the videos are not meeting your needs. There are several companion books to EQ6 based on what you are most interested in doing: pieced drawing, applique, block books, 6 simplified, etc.

brushandthimble 03-23-2010 01:44 PM

Got my EQ 6 yesterday!!!! Also bought the book Simplified; both for 20% off; both with shipping totaled $149.50.

Shibori 03-23-2010 01:54 PM

don't give up...I had to go back over and over lessons 1-5 many times. there's still a lot I don't understand but it does get easier.