Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ7 Help Needed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq7-help-needed-t198618.html)

clsurz 08-25-2012 09:45 AM

EQ7 Help Needed

1 Attachment(s)
HELP! EQ7,i.e, Electric Quilt 7 program..........

Ok let me start by saying that I do not feel comfortable being a "cookie cutter" quilter but for the sake of those that are and swaps I may get into I try to be. I am for the most part a free-spirited out of the box thinker and use no patterns to create my projects. It evolves as I go along.

Anyway, I was using EQ7 today and pulled up the Double Diamonds Knots block and switched colors around as close as possible to what one of my swap buddies wants regarding the fabric she sent so I thought this would be appropriate for it.

ANYWAY I printed the rotary cutting pieces and not all of it is shown. It has from A to R pieces and the following are missing for me to print in rotary cutting which are A, C, J, L, and R. I'm either missing seeing something in it or it just isn't there. IF ANY OF YOU have this program can you pull it up and take a look regarding the rotary cutting pieces and tell me what I am missing here. NOW I was able to print the regular templates and all is there but I would rather use a rotary cutter than scissors to cut it.

Freddie 08-25-2012 10:06 AM

I tried to look it up in EQ6, but I can't find the double diamonds knots pattern on it. I am sorry that I can't help you, but I am sure, someone will.

Julie1 08-25-2012 10:42 AM

This is a block that EQ7 has determined cannot be cut with all rotary cutting. They want you to use templates for the pieces that are missing in the rotary cutting block diagrams.

clsurz 08-25-2012 10:43 AM

Thanks for trying to help.

What part of Maine are you from Freddie?

I was born and raised in Maine, specifically Eagle Lake, about 18 miles from Canadian border. Went to Ft. Kent CHS which is right on the border of Canada.

Carol

clsurz 08-25-2012 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1 (Post 5466943)
This is a block that EQ7 has determined cannot be cut with all rotary cutting. They want you to use templates for the pieces that are missing in the rotary cutting block diagrams.

Thanks Julie1. I knew someone would come up with an answer. Funny I was sitting here wondering if I could do that. ;)

Freddie 08-26-2012 06:04 AM

[We live in Dover Foxcroft. North of Newport, Dexter, keep going.
I have been to Eagle Lake. We used to go to Machias, Presque Isle and Caribou to do craftshows. Not as far up as where you came from. Have not gone up North lately. Maybe next summer, we love it there.

QUOTE=clsurz;5466945]Thanks for trying to help.

What part of Maine are you from Freddie?

I was born and raised in Maine, specifically Eagle Lake, about 18 miles from Canadian border. Went to Ft. Kent CHS which is right on the border of Canada.

Carol[/QUOTE]

eparys 08-26-2012 09:13 AM

I find that when a piece has no parallel sides or has more than 4 corners, there are no rotary cutting directions and you need to print the templates pages. If all you need is a couple of template pieces, use preview first and then at the top of the preview page use the move tool. You can move which templates you need on to one page and not print them all.

Hope this helps.