Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq7-t105688.html)

3TreeFrog 03-07-2011 07:41 AM

Hello everyone

Can you tell me if the program is of value to purchase or should I simply continue doing my quilts the way that I have been, either by patterns from the web, through this board or through classes? I mean it only takes 3 classes to cover the cost of the program.

Thanks for your valuable input!

TreeFrog

kathy 03-07-2011 08:00 AM

I haven't had much time to spend with it but LOVE it, you can color and recolor to try different combinations, you can try different blocks together to see if you like them in a quilt , you can make you own applique designs and on and on. i say YES! it's well worth it

Hen3rietta 03-07-2011 08:11 AM

You should try and identify what kind of quilter you are first. If you primarily like to do quilts from patterns exactly like they are, then EQ would be of limited benefit I think. However, if you look at a pattern and think that it would look better if this were here and that was there or if it were different dimensions, colors, etc. etc. then EQ is great for that. If you are a piecer rather than into applique or photo-realistic quilts, you might want to go for the earlier version EQ6 or even 5. The downside to 6 is the limited number of installs.

I've used it since ver4 and am happy both with the program and the customer service, but have never actually designed a full quilt. I mainly use it to test ideas out.

Diana

ksea 03-07-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
Hello everyone

Can you tell me if the program is of value to purchase or should I simply continue doing my quilts the way that I have been, either by patterns from the web, through this board or through classes? I mean it only takes 3 classes to cover the cost of the program.

Thanks for your valuable input!

TreeFrog

Tree Frog I had EQ6 and just updated to EQ7 and I absolutely love it. I love all the features that it has and I think it is well worth the investment. JMHO!!

babyboomerquilter 03-07-2011 08:26 AM

Can some one say what EQ7 is?

Ripped on Scotch 03-07-2011 08:29 AM

I love it. it's great for designing a quilt and you can scan in your fabrics and see exactly how they are going to look.

EQ7 is Electric Quilt 7. it's a designing software that you can purchase.

Dianne1 03-07-2011 08:35 AM

I have EG6 and 7 but have not had the time to learn how to use them. They offer alot of help within the program but I am very computer illiterate. I will keep on plugging awawy and maybe someday I will get the hang of it.

Hen3rietta 03-07-2011 08:37 AM

There is a user-defined topic list for EQ on this board. A great place to ask any and all questions.

Diana

peacebypiece 03-07-2011 08:37 AM

Similar software for free:
go to www.cosman.nl/forum. There is a free software called Quilt Assistant that is very similar to EQ.

hoppyfrog 03-07-2011 08:43 AM

I'm taking a class right now for EQ7. It's on the Quilt University site. I think the next on starts in May. The price is around $35.00 and it's the best money I've spent in a long time. I knew nothing about the program and now after two (there's 4) lessons I can make blocks, set quilt layouts, change colors etc. There's a forum for questions and the teacher, Fran, answers them quickly. Check it out, it's fun.