Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ7!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq7-t49648.html)

grammypatty7 06-17-2010 01:30 PM

Mine came Wed. but plan to install on Sunday after doing my computer house keeping for the week. Can't wait but still need to do lesson 6 of EQ6 first and then move onto 7. The word about 7 came to me 1 day before delivery of 6 and I was so frustrated because I would have waited for 7 but was so impressed with 6 that I decided to go ahead and pre-order 7 as the price was too good to walk away from when I knew I definitely wanted 7. If for no other reason, the unlimited activations is worth it - with 6 we are only allowed 4. Eager to read what everyone thinks of it.

Jim's Gem 06-17-2010 01:51 PM

Cool! I pre-ordererd from my LQS, havn't heard anything yet. Guess I had better give them a call.

nursie76 06-17-2010 01:55 PM

I have had mine about 3 weeks, so far have only gotten the first 2 or 3 lessons done, but it is so much fun. Am currently working on a quilt for my BIL for his 70th B-day, I am anxious to see if it works up as it appears on EQ. I love that it figured out the yardages for me! Painless!

Enjoy your EQ7.

BellaBoo 06-17-2010 02:18 PM

EQ6 had unlimited activations. All you have to do is contact EQ with a valid serial number.

grammypatty7 06-17-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
EQ6 had unlimited activations. All you have to do is contact EQ with a valid serial number.

EQ6 had 4 activations - Please read below what I copy/pasted from their web site.

<<Electric Quilt ® 6 software
Code: A-600EQ
Type: Quilt Design Software
Price: $149.95

Requires Windows ® XP, Windows ® Vista, or Windows ® 7 and an internet connection (4 activations included). Will run on Macs through Virtual PC or Parallels (XP or Vista version). Please check the complete system requirements before buying this program.

Are you sure you want to order this version? Electric Quilt 7 is here!>>

If you run out of activations for any reason, you can phone EQ and request a new activation (1 activation only) for $34. That's why so many refused to buy EQ 6. I was really disappointed when I read this but EQ7 comes with unlimited activations which is really nice and I'm sure they'll have better sales as a result although the price is pretty steep now for the first time buyer.

quiltilicious 06-17-2010 03:48 PM

EQ7 comes with unlimited activations which is really nice and I'm sure they'll have better sales as a result although the price is pretty steep now for the first time buyer.
Not when you compare it to Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop Illustrator, etc.) -- add a zero to the end to get the price for THAT software.

Honestly, with the time it saves me with designing a quilt and figuring out yardage and strip piecing calculations, I think it paid for itself with the first quilt
:wink:

grammypatty7 06-17-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Cool! I pre-ordererd from my LQS, havn't heard anything yet. Guess I had better give them a call.

Yes, you might want to give them a call. I received a confirmation email shortly after placing my order, an order letting me know it was being shipped and another when it actually was shipped and when to expect delivery. You definitely should have heard something unless you ordered via phone and they don't have your email address. I pre-ordered mine on May 14th and it arrived Wed. June 16th. I figured since I ordered so late, I'd still be waiting as one email I received said they will be mailing them out well into the middle of July. The credit card is not billed until they actually ship it so yes, you'd be wise to phone and enquire.