Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ7? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq7-t94418.html)

arimuse 01-27-2011 12:07 PM

Does amyone here use the electronic quilt software? I wanted a reader for Christmas, and had my hubs hold off til we could figure out the best for the money - I'm more confused about that then before Christmas lol.
So, Im doing a left turn here and think I'll ask for the EQ7. I went to their site, the price is about what I would have paid for a reader, but I dont see any real ifo on how it works (that I can figure out) and it comes w/ a 272 PAGE USERS MANUAL! I don't mind a manual and I usu read anything that comes w/ equipment I buy before I use it, but this is like reading War and Peace.
Does anyone use QE7 and has it helped your quiltmaking?? Is it actually user friendly?? Thanks sharet

amma 01-27-2011 12:12 PM

I use mine all of the time. I just drafted a block yesterday to change it into 3 different sized blocks. It took me less than 5 minutes to draft and another 5 minutes to post pdfs in 3 different sizes...

I draw out blocks, quilts, play with colors... it is a very useful tool to me 8-)

I love mine and use it for something [i]atleast[i] every other day :D:D:D

sewcrafty 01-27-2011 12:12 PM

First you need to go back to their site and watch the videos on it. It'll show you what it capable of doing. In EQ7 there are some videos to get you started, but I highly recommend that you do the lessons in the book. They aren't hard and they are a wealth of info. The videos don't even cover everything that's in the book.

A very fun and addictive program!!!!

klgreene 01-27-2011 12:24 PM

I have it, and have done a few things on it, but I still need to figure it completely out. But it seems pretty user friendly. I just haven't taken the time yet to go through it. I need to get more quilts finished before I go designing any more.

laceybritt 01-27-2011 12:26 PM

If you do a search on EQ7 you'll see that it has been discussed quite a bit. The pros, cons, and best place to buy. I think there are also links to EQ7 tutorials.

woody 01-27-2011 12:35 PM

I got one for Christmas and I love it, still haven't worked it all out but I am making a quilt I drafted on it at the moment and DD is making one too.

gale 01-27-2011 12:58 PM

Have it, love it. I had EQ5 and upgraded to 7.

Rhonda 01-27-2011 01:08 PM

I spend alot of time on my EQ. I Love It! It is very user friendly.

rusty quilter 01-27-2011 04:26 PM

I had EQ6 and upgraded to 7...Love them both! I often use it when I am trying to figure out what colors will work and even when I want connector blocks--which will look the best. It does take some time to learn--but well worth it.

twospoiledhuskies 01-27-2011 05:43 PM

I haven't used my as much as Amma, but I really like mine to. I am going to be taking a class though Quilt University in February where you make a sampler and learn all the aspects of the program.

I would vote yes to purchase one. Good luck