Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The Essential Quilting DVD Collection (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/essential-quilting-dvd-collection-t67598.html)

MrsM 09-30-2010 11:50 AM

I just recieved this DVD free in the mail a few days ago. It is titled "Inspiring Ideas for Creating Classic Quilts." I think it is wonderful. There are eight short tutorials on it. I find it very helpful. You can sign up to get one a month. I am thinking it over, only because things are tight at home right now. It is put out by National Quilters Circle.

amandasgramma 09-30-2010 11:53 AM

Couldn't find National Quilters Circle...do you mean National Quilters Association?

MrsM 09-30-2010 12:12 PM

No but they have an email address as
[email protected]

greensleeves 09-30-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by MrsM
I just recieved this DVD free in the mail a few days ago. It is titled "Inspiring Ideas for Creating Classic Quilts." I think it is wonderful. There are eight short tutorials on it. I find it very helpful. You can sign up to get one a month. I am thinking it over, only because things are tight at home right now. It is put out by National Quilters Circle.

The first one is $12.95 but the future ones will be about $24 if I remember correctly from the info on the one I got. I didn't request it so didn't pay for it and haven't heard anymore from them. There was a thread here that discussed this, you might try to find it. I did think it had a couple of good short tutorials but didn't think it would be worth investing the money every month plus I had not asked for the first one. Maybe someone else here will be able to better direct you to the original thread.

annemery 10-11-2010 01:59 PM

I have also received this dvd and it looked good. I have seen advertisements in quilting mags for $1200 worth of dvd's but it would cost $22 a month, you could cancel anytime. I'm just not sure I want someone to access my debit account monthly and then if I don't like something ; you then have to wait for the refund. Any info on a contact for this essential dvd to ask questions or see about picking what one would like to purchase and not have to be locked in?
Ann

CarrieAnne 10-11-2010 02:02 PM

Thanks!

quiltluvr 10-11-2010 04:40 PM

I got mine too. Watched it but not in love with it.

Sew be it 06-30-2011 10:17 AM

I called to see what the regular price is (which they don't tell you when we got the first DVD) and it is $27.95 plus shipping for future DVD's. Kind of expensive to me. I declined their offer and am keeping the first DVD for free.

leaha 06-30-2011 10:44 AM

I have nine so far, and I find great things in each one so will keep on getting them, and I send a check after I receive one, I really like them!

katiebear1 06-30-2011 11:09 AM

Yeah, I got one in the mail and I wasn't impressed. And now I keep getting letters from them trying to get me to join. If I didn't respond the first two times you would think they would get the message LOL