Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Estate Sale find (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/estate-sale-find-t223593.html)

sweetana3 06-13-2013 09:42 AM

Estate Sale find

First thing: This was not the first day of the sale. Found out those on the company's "email list" found out it was held starting Tuesday and the public got to go Thursday-Saturday.

I went immediately to the bedroom with fabric and the sign said $1 per piece. I took everything two yards and larger and a few smaller pieces. When I got home found it was over 100 yards. Found 5 kits, 5 books, specialty floss, charms, olfa cutter and new blades. ps: quilt shop quality fabric and no pieces chopped up.

Got it all for $61. This was a 5000 square foot home and everything including the house was for sale.

I found the ad on Craigslist and only went because it mentioned sewing and fabric. Could have been a bust and sure wish I had known about it on Tuesday.

Grandma Bonnie 06-13-2013 09:45 AM

Good for you. Sounds like you did great even with a late start!

EdieClay 06-13-2013 10:05 AM

Wow! Sounds like you did great! I've never been that lucky.

JustAbitCrazy 06-13-2013 10:08 AM

How wonderful! Enjoy creating beauty with all that fabric!

mandyrose 06-13-2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by sweetana3 (Post 6120126)
First thing: This was not the first day of the sale. Found out those on the company's "email list" found out it was held starting Tuesday and the public got to go Thursday-Saturday.

I went immediately to the bedroom with fabric and the sign said $1 per piece. I took everything two yards and larger and a few smaller pieces. When I got home found it was over 100 yards. Found 5 kits, 5 books, specialty floss, charms, olfa cutter and new blades. ps: quilt shop quality fabric and no pieces chopped up.

Got it all for $61. This was a 5000 square foot home and everything including the house was for sale.

I found the ad on Craigslist and only went because it mentioned sewing and fabric. Could have been a bust and sure wish I had known about it on Tuesday.

Grrrrrrrr...LOL I never find sewing things around here enjoy you treasures :o

mom-6 06-13-2013 10:22 AM

Wow! I always hear about sales when I can't go for some reason. You definitely hit the jackpot. Good for you. Enjoy!!!!

quilttiger 06-13-2013 12:56 PM

What a terrific find! Especially when the LQS fabrics are now so expensive. Enjoy!

GKSM 06-13-2013 01:02 PM

What a great success - happy for you!!!

sweetana3 06-13-2013 03:14 PM

My friend and I enjoy making charity quilts and we were just talking about backing fabric. This will work for back and/or fronts.

This only happens 4 or 5 times a year. Now I am even more selective about garage/estate/rummage sales since gas is over $4 a gallon in Indiana and I have run out of storage room.

Tartan 06-13-2013 04:37 PM

​Congratulations!