Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Etsy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/etsy-t30695.html)

marsye 12-02-2009 10:38 AM

I never update items unless it sold.

MelissaK 12-02-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
I never update items unless it sold.

I meant updated as in put new stuff on everyday. It just takes a while to put on one item. I would have to sit for an entire day just to put stuff on.

Brazen 12-03-2009 03:54 PM

I have bought two things from one person on Etsy. I went to the site already knowing what I wanted, and then found the ones I liked best from the choices.

I loved the items I bought from the woman, but she's in Canada and the shipping time took FORRRRRRREVERRRR. LOL

Riversong 12-06-2009 08:39 AM

I have an etsy shop and only have been able to list a few items,but have done well. It is easy to find things if you are specific in your search. For example "Christmas Table runners" "wall quilts" "qulted totes"...

charismah 12-06-2009 09:42 AM

I am considering creating a site on ETSY as well. I just haev so mnay things sitting around not getting any use..because I love to make things. I buy from there often..sometimes even if it is just to get an idea..anything from sugar cookies to jewelry.
We haev plaenty of people that come into tehe shop and make their living from ETSY....so I don't really know.

Tiffany 12-06-2009 11:52 AM

I'm considering setting up a shop on Etsy as well. I haven't bought anything from there, but mostly because everything I see is already something I can make. Everything seems to be fairly simple patterns, which is great for the person making them because they can make more things faster. My patterns tend to be a bit more complicated, whether it's because of the fabric choices or the pattern, or because I'm anal and can't help myself. :oops: I'm wondering how well they would do since the fancier the pattern the more I woud charge. I figure there's nothing to do but give it a try, though it'll probably be a couple of months. Between the holidays, birthdays, and my sister's upcoming wedding, I'm a bit strapped for time. I'd love to hear how others are doing and what they think of Etsy & will be watching this thread closely.

amma 12-06-2009 12:13 PM

do you pay a percentage to Etsy? How does it work? I know that many are leaving ebay due to fee increases.

Maksi 12-06-2009 12:29 PM

I did understand that you have to pay etsy for every listed item, even if it's not sold yet. Is that true?

My problem with etsy is that it's is hard to search for something and in special the european sellers...

For now I only sell my homemade items on my blog.
www.maksitaksi.blogspot.nl

Buyers can leave me a message there and then I contact them. They can chose there one colours and fabrics, I make everything they want for each buyer.

Ebay is not an option for me. They have a high fee but my biggest concern is that you have to make a selleraccount for every single country you want to sell on... For example, if I want to sell in the Netherlands, in the UK and in Italy I have make three accounts ebay.nl, on ebay.de and on ebay.it. I don't want that.

So thats why I consider to open a Etsy shop, if I have figured out how things work on Etsy.

Riversong 12-06-2009 12:33 PM

Etsy fees are 20cents per item to list...cant beat that

Maksi 12-06-2009 12:36 PM

Thanks Riversong. :)