Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Eversew sewing machine question... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eversew-sewing-machine-question-t302732.html)

Love2Craft 02-02-2019 02:07 PM

Eversew sewing machine question...

I’m thinking about buying the mechanical version of this machine. I do have a really nice Pfaff sewing/embroidery machine but want something to do basic slightly heavy duty crafting. Does anyone have experience with this machine?

SouthPStitches 02-02-2019 02:51 PM

Cannot vouch for the mechanical version of Evesewn but bought the Sparrow 30 a couple of months ago. Can't say enough good things about it. Last year I bought a heavy duty Singer that is a very good machine also. Nothing fancy about it but it has a reasonable amount of different stitches and does very, very well on heavy duty sewing.

Stitchnripper 02-02-2019 02:55 PM

Leah Day sews on the Eversewn Sparrow. Check out her website.

JJBlaine 02-02-2019 03:44 PM

I'm not sure which model you are referring to as "mechanical". I have the Hero, which is the one that does embroidery, and I pretty much love everything about it. The only thing that does drive me batty is the thread sensor(s). I does not allow you sew without thread (like to perforate paper for paper piecing), and the bobbin sensor thinks it is empty when it still has more than enough thread to do that last inch or two I need.

Onebyone 02-02-2019 05:21 PM

I think everyone in my guild has the Sparrow 30. It's all I see at our workshops and classes. I have not heard one bad word about them.

JustAbitCrazy 02-03-2019 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by JJBlaine (Post 8204414)
I'm not sure which model you are referring to as "mechanical". I have the Hero, which is the one that does embroidery, and I pretty much love everything about it. The only thing that does drive me batty is the thread sensor(s). I does not allow you sew without thread (like to perforate paper for paper piecing), and the bobbin sensor thinks it is empty when it still has more than enough thread to do that last inch or two I need.

Sometimes light affects thread sensors, like too much light on a machine in front of a window causes the low bobbin indicator to false alert. Likewise, sometimes if you get a genuine low bobbin alert, you can bypass it and finish up the bobbin thread if you open the door to the bobbin area (on a machine with a vertical bobbin), letting a little more light into the bobbin area. Try it.

Love2Craft 02-03-2019 04:30 AM

The model I was thinking of was the Sparrow 15-32...which I understand is mechanical.

farmquilter 02-03-2019 06:17 AM

Check on Amazon to see what they have available. But most important check the reviews on the mechanical ones, not so good compared to the other Ever Sewn models.

Onebyone 02-03-2019 09:13 AM

I was told the Sparrow mechanical models are considered a very first machine. Easy to learn, easy to use very general sewing. Perfect for young beginners.

Krisb 02-03-2019 02:46 PM

I have the 25 and love it. I bought my niece the 15 and she loves it. One thing learned is to read the negative reviews on Amazon before lending credence to them. Sometimes people give a bad review to a product because they didn’t read the description or don’t know how to use it.