Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Everything I touch today.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/everything-i-touch-today-t77153.html)

ginnie6 11-18-2010 10:50 AM

messes up! Grrr! I've been fighting a yucky head cold for two days now. Today I want to finish a quilt and none of my machines will work! They worked earlier this week! My Kenmore needs to go to the shop but no money....my white (my old workhorse) is suddenly not working either. I can pick up thread by turning the wheel but when I try to sew the top thread just breaks. I've rethreaded, cleaned, oiled....and anything else I could think of. So I remember the antique white rotary I got this summer.....hmmm. Nope it won't pick up thread either. So it must be me! So here I sit wanting to sew and can't. If I felt better I'd break that credit card out of the safe and go use it to buy a new machine! I'm scared to try the treadle....it was my grandmother's and I hate to mess it up too.

Quilter7x 11-18-2010 10:51 AM

Sounds like a nap might be in order. Walking away for a while does wonders sometimes and since you're sick, you're not quite yourself anyway. Wishing you luck!

jetnica 11-18-2010 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Sounds like a nap might be in order. Walking away for a while does wonders sometimes and since you're sick, you're not quite yourself anyway. Wishing you luck!

Best Advice Possible!!

Quiltforme 11-18-2010 11:00 AM

If it makes you feel better I am having the same issue with my machine. It is breaking thread I have done all I can to make it work so I am now laying in bed watching some mind numbing TV!

koko 11-18-2010 11:02 AM

Maybe a new needle and change of thread would fix the problems??

mysippycup2 11-18-2010 11:06 AM

I keep breaking needles on my kenmore :( started last night carried over to today so I am not even looking at them until tonight after class

np3 11-18-2010 11:08 AM

I think you all need chocolate! Lots of it!

ginnie6 11-18-2010 11:16 AM

I have changed needle and thread...thought for a minute I had it fixed. Managed to get it to sew a nice line then changed to my fm foot and it started again. Oh and I've had chocolate!Think I will just work on some Sue blocks and watch a movie with ds the rest of the day.

JUNEC 11-18-2010 11:30 AM

Rethread machine and replace bobbin - then eat 2 no make that 3 pieces of chocolate.

If that doesn't work, unplug it than replug it in, just to let your machines know who the boss is

What are you taking for your cold? Breathing in steam (after making tea or cocoa) helps - break up the sinus pressure you get with a cold

Although I don't have a cold, I do have serious allergies -my DR has me taking - over the counter- SUPHEDRINE PE (generic for sudaped PE)- I take 3 in AM and 3 PM - really helps & non-drowsy

Hope you feel better soon.

Dave-Jane 11-18-2010 11:36 AM

Hope you feel better!!! Dave B.