Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   exclusions on Jo-Ann's 40% coupon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/exclusions-jo-anns-40%25-coupon-t102696.html)

0tis 02-24-2011 11:05 AM

I am just starting to get the JoAnn's coupons in the mail - when you read the fine print (which is not easy) - it says - excludes sale priced and clearance items - isn't everything in there on sale or clearanced? I really don't go to Joann's very much because its a couple hours away. Also excludes - sewing machines, Accuquilt GO, cricut, etc. So what can I get for 40% off?

Sadiemae 02-24-2011 11:09 AM

If batting is not on sale at the time, it would be a good thing to use a coupon on.

Vanuatu Jill 02-24-2011 11:22 AM

I also buy backing with the coupons when it isn't on sale. Last week I got Kona with my coupon. You can even buy a whole bolt of it and it counts as "one cut". You just have to do your homework and be flexible with what you buy. I make it a point to buy what is on sale, but will alway look for what I can use the coupons for not on sale. Kona muslin isn't usually on sale for 40 or 50% off, so using the coupons for that when it is regular price will be better than buying it on sale for 25-30% off. Batting is on sale 50% off frequently, so unless I need it right away, I wait for the sale and stock up.

montanajan 02-24-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by 0tis
I am just starting to get the JoAnn's coupons in the mail - when you read the fine print (which is not easy) - it says - excludes sale priced and clearance items - isn't everything in there on sale or clearanced? I really don't go to Joann's very much because its a couple hours away. Also excludes - sewing machines, Accuquilt GO, cricut, etc. So what can I get for 40% off?

I bought a large roll of warm & natural batting when I had a 40% off plus 10% off entire order - quite a savings.
Other things I watch for 40% off - new rulers, a quilt book, sidewinder, anything I'd like or need that is not on sale - sometimes have to be patient & wait for right sale.

davidwent 02-24-2011 11:27 AM

I used it for some very nice scissors, but you're right most stuff is already on sale.
David

quiltin chris 02-24-2011 11:32 AM

what I want to know is how do you get their coupons in the mail.

I buy online from them already once in a while. I don't get any sale fliers or coupons.

Chris

davidwent 02-24-2011 11:35 AM

David

Vanuatu Jill 02-24-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by quiltin chris
what I want to know is how do you get their coupons in the mail.

I buy online from them already once in a while. I don't get any sale fliers or coupons.

Chris

Sign up for it-they e-mail me plus I get the flyer in the mail with more coupons. Call 1-888-7344120 and tell them you want them mailed.

SharonC 02-24-2011 11:37 AM

I also buy backing when I have a 40% coupon. Another thing I usually buy is stabilizer for M.E. Unfortunately when I get coupons there's usually a sale going on and I can't use them. :(

0tis 02-24-2011 11:40 AM

Great idea to buy backing - I just ordered a full roll of batting with 40% off - so I am good for batting - I will check the fleece or backing - like I said - I don't go in there much because its so far away. Thanks.