Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Expectation revisited.. then revisited again.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/expectation-revisited-then-revisited-again-t302773.html)

ka9sdn 02-05-2019 05:15 AM

If you really want it to be a quilt, get as much done as you can. Then put all the pieces nicely in a box, the part of the top that is done in another bigger box with the smaller box also in that big box. Write a nice note to go in the box that says this is as far as I've gotten but I will finish it and then you will have my real gift. If you are making headway it may not take too much longer. Make this quilt priority one so it does get done.

incoming2me 03-09-2019 12:09 AM

An update!

3 Attachment(s)
The Anniversary party is tomorrow and I'm happy to announce it was finished - label and all ...two days ago. :) I hand embroidered the words on the front and free motion quilted it on my Bernina 770QE. This is only my 2nd free motion project and I'm pretty happy with it. It's truly amazing what you can "quilt out" in the process. I ended up with some fullness in the hand embroidered block as the fabric stretched a bit. After quilting and a trip through the laundry it looks all soft and fluffy. I'm excited! (I smudged out their names in the picture, I promise, it's there though.)

OleaBlossom 03-09-2019 01:54 AM

Wow, that's gorgeous! This is on my list of "would love to make" quilts. Your colour scheme is really lovely, and I can't believe that's your second FMQ project!

Quiltah Mama 03-09-2019 03:15 AM

Wow, great job, they will love it and so personal.

Watson 03-09-2019 05:26 AM

Woohoo! You did it and it looks wonderful!

Watson

KalamaQuilts 03-09-2019 05:49 AM

well done you!! I love bedrunners, have found them a great solution for projects that didn't quite work out or stalled. Practical and beautiful, well done, again!

Jordan 03-09-2019 06:19 AM

Beautiful DWR! I have made one and it is a lot of work and your bedrunner will be so appreciated and treasured by your parents. Very lovely workmanship and absolutely love the fabrics you used.

DJ 03-09-2019 07:34 AM

It's truly beautiful!

I had to laugh at myself, because I had just that experience with a planned wedding quilt for my DD. I had bitten off much more than I could chew with my quilting knowledge and experience at the time. The pattern was from a book entitled something like "Quick Rotary Cutter Quilts". I equated the word "quick" with "easy" and the quilt was neither! I put together a few blocks and over the years (yes, years) and as I added a few more blocks, I decided I had enough for a placemat, then two placemats, then, and finally, a wall hanging. That's as far as it got, and they didn't get it till about their 7th wedding anniversary. LOL

Kelsie 03-09-2019 12:49 PM

Good for you. I hope you are proud of yourself.

entangled 03-09-2019 03:57 PM

So beautiful!!! Great job with the FMQ!