Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   F&P Quilt Kits (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/f-p-quilt-kits-t86200.html)

craftyone27 12-30-2010 11:18 AM

I did just recently order a kit for a Moda bakeshop pattern. The quilt shop sent all the fabric and no instructions. I was a bit peeved at first, but after a bit of checking I found it was Moda that would not let them distribute copies of the pattern. They do send you an email with the link to the Moda page with the pattern. The quilt shop is forgiven but I am a little peeved with Moda - if it's a "free" pattern online, why can't the shops who sell the kits give it away? They obviously pay Moda for the fabric. Go figure.

laureneberhard 12-30-2010 11:38 AM

Seems like a lot of companies are not as user friendly as they used to be. With the price of all things quilting, you'd think that they would bend over backward to keep a customer and spread good news about them instead of the problems they caused. Makes no sense to me.

OHSue 12-30-2010 11:45 AM

I agree, it's not a kit without the pattern. If they no longer offer that issue of the magazine they shouldn't sell the fabric as a 'kit'. :thumbdown:

kclausing 12-30-2010 12:00 PM

That sucks! But if you see a kit you really want, i would call and talk to someone to confirm the magazine is not backordered or out of print before buying. Or put a post to the board to see if anyone has the magazine. I know the Half Price Books by me has alot of older quilt magazines.

makakehau 12-30-2010 12:27 PM

I am in total agreement with you. When I look at a kit, if instructions are not included I just move on.

No instructions=no sale.

Lori

crashnquilt 12-30-2010 12:48 PM

Well, I've already used the fabric in another quilt. My point is with paying THAT MUCH MONEY, I should not have to go and search down a copy of the pattern.

As I said, it's a "grit your teeth" cheap trick marketing. I make it a point to NOT buy things marked FONS AN PORTER anymore. They just copy other peoples merchandise, put their name on it, and sell it for more bucks. I may get slapped for this, but this reminds me a lot of Martha Stewart.

okiepastor 12-30-2010 12:52 PM

I am glad to know this also, as someone had asked me about their kits, will pass on the information. This could be a total stopper for a wannabee quilter who has never made a quilt!

featherweight 12-30-2010 12:58 PM

Thanks, I just took them off of my "to order" list. I have purchased one kit in my life, it came with the instructions. The only reason I purchased it was it was at my LQS for 1/2 price.

suebee 12-30-2010 01:03 PM

I dont blame you at all. That would make me mad. I cant believe they are doing business that way.

happymrs 12-30-2010 01:22 PM

Crashnquilt, I agree with you, about both mentioned, anything for a buck, right! Glad not all businesses in quilting are that way!