Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fab Shop Hop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fab-shop-hop-t64454.html)

tcnmom 09-12-2010 05:38 PM

Are any of you gals or guys, doing the shop hop? I have one left, Batiks by design, and have been trying for 2 weeks to find the bunny and haven't. Can anyone help me?

gale 09-12-2010 06:11 PM

I haven't started it yet. I usually wait until the last couple of days and then stay up for hours trying to finish.

also, if there's no decent hint I don't bother with that site-I move on to the next one. I just find enough and a few extras.

gale 09-12-2010 06:21 PM

btw for batiks by design check out the design board. "where two fabrics look good together".

nlgh 09-12-2010 06:23 PM

I am doing the Fab Shop Hop and there are several that I have not found, but don't remember which ones they are. The member thingy where you can find out where you have or haven't been show that there are some sites I did not visit, but I know I did. Tomorrow I will do some double checking.
I will try to help you, and maybe you can help me.

M.E.H. 09-12-2010 08:02 PM

I am still looking. I ONLY need to find about "20" more. I like doing this, but, it takes time away from sewing;-0

tcnmom 09-12-2010 08:21 PM

I found the bunny at Batik's by design with some help from a very nice member. I have one that I found and they say I haven't. Emailed that shop and told them to correct. I'll help anyone if I can remember where I found the little hopper.

mzsooz 09-12-2010 10:41 PM

I think this time the bunnies are harder to find. I'm really struggling. I spent probably 20 minutes on the BearPaw site and never did find the critter.

It kind of takes away the fun if they hide them too well.

gale 09-13-2010 12:11 AM

It does take away the fun and I won't spend that much time on a site. Furthermore, I will explore the sites more when I find the bunny quickly but if it takes me too long or I can't find it within the first few minutes, I close the window and don't bother to even look around the shop. Because I'm spiteful like that. :p

ckcowl 09-13-2010 04:54 AM

i've been participating in these for 10 years now...some of the shops it is very difficult to find them. i did find that if i was at a shop that offered no hints and i spent 10+ minutes looking for it a couple different times i would email the shop and ask, they have always been good about responding with a hint, or actually telling where it is. it is not necessary to find them all; i think you only need 139 or something like that. if you find at least 145 (just to be safe) you will be eligible for all of the good prizes. it is best to only find a few each day. and a few extra on saturdays. they have daily drawings that you are included in as long as you find at least 1 bunnie each day. (and saturdays are double drawing days, so always find some on saturdays) you really cut down on your chances of winning anything when you go through and find them all in a few days. the only time i participated and did not win even a $10 gift certificate was the one time i hopped all the first week, then never went back. everytime i have stretched it out for the whole month like it's supposed to be done i have won either gift certificates of fabric bundles!

Woodster 09-13-2010 05:22 AM

I did it that way, too, a couple of times and still never won a thing - but that's the way my gambling luck is!