Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   which fabric best (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-best-t215738.html)

sahm4605 03-07-2013 11:53 AM

which fabric best

1 Attachment(s)
okay long story short i am making a "big boy" quilt for my 3 1/2 year old to help me feel better after a miscarriage. you k ow busiy minds and hands. i have two fabrics pickedout. the two vertical ones. brown and emeraly green blueish. it is fab. not sure what to put with it. the light blue green at bottom was kinda first choice but not sure about it. thinking not enough contrast. so here i am asking your input. what do you guys think looks best. i am making the bceacxkersb crackers pattern that was posted here a bit ago. sorry about the weird word on a tablet and cant delete reaal well.

narnianquilter 03-07-2013 12:05 PM

So sorry for your loss! I know what you mean about busy hands, I am 8 months along and my quilts keep me from worrying too much! Praying that this hobby is a comfort to you in this time.

As far as the quilt goes, I would go with either the middle blue one or the top brown. The blue is my first choice, but if you like more contrast then the brown. Hope that helps!

sahm4605 03-07-2013 12:17 PM

i was thinking that middle blue it looks good next to it. been looking at it for the last hour or so.
thanks. we are at peace about it i was only 8 weeks but knew there was something wrong. good luck with yours. those last couple weeks are the hardest to get threw. just relax and have lots of hand work to do. dont want the watter to break at the macine or a nasty contraction to make u hit the gass so to speak.

narnianquilter 03-07-2013 12:58 PM

Ugh, that would be awful! The only thing worse would be my water breaking in church (my husband is the pastor so there is NO WAY we would get out without making a scene...). Let me know how the quilt goes!

Annaquilts 03-07-2013 01:03 PM

So sorry to hear about your miscariage. Heart breaking. Praying for comfort and healing for you and your family.

My vote on the fabric definitely the two on the right and the one with fern fonds on the left. The blue/green on the right is stunning.I also think a little of the brown on the left would look nice. I would toss the lighter blue as on the picture it looks too white.

lakekids 03-07-2013 01:34 PM

If you squint your eyes and look at the picture, the bottom left fabric actually has more contrast than the one with the palm fronds. I would actually go with the bottom left and top left. This way the dark brown contrasts with the light brown and the blue/green contrasts with the darker blue/green.

Mariposa 03-07-2013 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by lakekids (Post 5912247)
If you squint your eyes and look at the picture, the bottom left fabric actually has more contrast than the one with the palm fronds. I would actually go with the bottom left and top left. This way the dark brown contrasts with the light brown and the blue/green contrasts with the darker blue/green.

Ditto on that! :)

Dolphyngyrl 03-07-2013 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by lakekids (Post 5912247)

I agree with this I love the top and bottom

patchsamkim 03-07-2013 07:57 PM

Either the bottom fabric or the brown fabric (top) look the best to me. So sorry for your loss.

gzuslivz 03-07-2013 07:57 PM

I'm with the majority. I really like the top and bottom left with the two on the right. It will be beautiful. I am so sorry about your miscarriage. I had one between my two daughters and it was very hard. My comfort is that I will meet my baby in heaven one day. Praying for healing for your family.