Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric for Candlequilter Star (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-candlequilter-star-t133527.html)

Pat M 06-27-2011 09:59 AM

I know many of you have made the Candlequilter Star, I would like to use this pattern for a queen size quilt - any suggestions on how much fabric to buy for each of the stars and the background? Thanks in advance for you help.

bluteddi 06-27-2011 10:15 AM

I'm still struggling with my star.....

BrendaK 06-27-2011 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
I'm still struggling with my star.....

:oops: Ditto here. Hopefuly will get it to her soon. BrendaK

medots 06-27-2011 10:43 AM

Hioe do you get a patern?
Marilee

QuiltE 06-27-2011 01:59 PM

I find that PPing uses a lot more fabric than traditional piecing, and harder to predict what you might need.

I'd buy LOTS!

candlequilter 06-27-2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pat M
I know many of you have made the Candlequilter Star, I would like to use this pattern for a queen size quilt - any suggestions on how much fabric to buy for each of the stars and the background? Thanks in advance for you help.

What size block are you planning on doing and are you doing the paper piecing or the applique technique?

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Pat M 06-29-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

What size block are you planning on doing and are you doing the paper piecing or the applique technique?

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Sherryl, I am planning on using the paper piecing star pattern. I would like to make a queen size quilt - at least 12 stars. Thanks for your advice. Pat

Pat M 06-29-2011 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by medots
Hioe do you get a patern?
Marilee

If you search candlequilter star here you will find the information on contacting Sherryl. She developed the pattern.

susie601 06-30-2011 08:36 AM

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Sherryl, I am planning on using the paper piecing star pattern. I would like to make a queen size quilt - at least 12 stars. Thanks for your advice. Pat

I would like to know the answer to this one too!
Susan

candlequilter 06-30-2011 11:10 AM

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Hi,

I am just finishing up making 4 star blocks and to make all four blocks I used less than a fat quarter for my center star, a half yard of fabric each for the middle and largest stars and about 3/4 of a yard for the background fabric. So for a rough estimate to make 12 star blocks I would say to plan on 1/4 yard for the center star, 1 1/2 yards for middle star, 1 1/2 yards for the large star and 2 1/4 yards of fabric for the background. I did use the dimensions that I posted for cutting out squares or rectangles to use for my pieces. I found that this saved me alot of time and I think I ended up using less fabric than if I had just been doing it the other way.

Hopefully, this will help you. I would love to see your quilt when you finish it or even when you start on it.

Thanks again,
Sherryl
Candlequilter