Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   fabric God bless us (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-god-bless-us-t293424.html)

sherian 12-19-2017 10:58 AM

fabric God bless us

Now I have the backing for my red truck, christmas tree, and snow fabric. I have my fabric Holiday God Bless Joy to the World !
I got it at etsy fabfabricnstuf. She was great, put my order in then after that google came up and said my address was a near by shopping mall. They change my house address on the order crazy.
I texted and she changed it and made sure it came to me. I was told if google has you at a address other then yours there is no way out or to change. Crazy why would they even change my address. Then thinking about it.
I go to a lots of soccer events for my son and grandson, on where to go I put the field i need in as suggest by a police and friends never put your address they can use that to track you or follow you home. It seems you can not change it. I tried as my daughter tired also. In the end thanks to Sara and etsy for helping me also for finding my fabric. I have my fabric!

dunster 12-19-2017 11:15 AM

I'm not sure what google would have to do with this. When you purchase something on etsy, the address for shipping should come from your profile, or from the payment method you used. You should have an opportunity to change the address if you want to use a different one. (I've only purchased once from etsy, and I used Paypal, but I'm guessing it's the same for other payment methods.) Google shouldn't be supplying the address at all. Check the address you have listed with your method of payment.

Or did you place your order on the phone? If so the seller should have asked for your address then.

Rhonda K 12-19-2017 02:37 PM

Why is g00gled involved in your transaction? Do you allow them access to your location? Check your security settings. It seems like some misinformation at work here but always good to be cautious. Plus a good idea to be aware of surroundings.

"I was told if google has you at a address other then yours there is no way out or to change. Crazy why would they even change my address. Then thinking about it."

Not sure who is tracking you or where you are listing your address. Your address is probably already "out" there due to public records and big store security hacks.

Kelsie 12-23-2017 06:17 PM

We tried to buy something using Paypal. As we are wintering in Arizona we wanted the goods to come to us here. We were not able to change the address, we had to abandon the purchase.

sherian 12-23-2017 07:05 PM

No not a phone order I typed my address and paid
. Then Google popped up and changed it. I emailed seller she fixed it and shipped then I looked and still Mall address. I emailed as soon as I saw it and she changed it emailed she fixed it. I got it at my house a few days later. If no else has problem with my address and it gets to my house.
Maybe like someone said it could there shipping many use a Google supported carrier. Wish I knew. Glad I had a seller that could fix it.

cashs_mom 12-23-2017 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kelsie (Post 7968484)
We tried to buy something using Paypal. As we are wintering in Arizona we wanted the goods to come to us here. We were not able to change the address, we had to abandon the purchase.

As I remember you would have to log on and change your address with Paypal before you started the transaction.

sherian 12-23-2017 07:38 PM

I do not see that, as I have had 6 packages delivered before and after that order. From four different places. Paid the same way.
From Amazon, Wal-Mart, Mayfair and the one from Etsy do not know but all good places to order from. It makes me wonder should I be worried. The only link is the use of Google maps I used and the address of the Mall maybe 10 miles from my road.
Like a man said could be maybe or not but the carrier using Google map? Checked the pay account has my address right and I have only had one address been at it over 40 years. Would like to know.

bkay 12-24-2017 07:51 AM

Isn't there a Google Pay? It seems to me that I was solicited to sign up for it when I had a small business. If so, it may have the same restrictions as Paypal. Paypal has some kind of system that the vendor has to override (or maybe they can't) to send to any address other than the one on file with them.

Back in the olden days when Paypal was mostly used for Ebay purchases, sellers would often mention that they would not/could not ship to any address except the one on file with Paypal.

I hope I don't run into that. I lie to Google all the time (and Yahoo and Facebook, too).

bkay

Bluelady 12-24-2017 08:03 AM

i have to use google maps for my expense reports at work. and as much as I type in the correct address for my office, google constantly changes it to the building around the corner. Luckily, my boss doesn't know the address out here, otherwise i would have to explain every time why I can't manage to change an address in Google.. It is insidious!

sherian 12-24-2017 07:56 PM

Crazy if you can not use your own address - there must be a answer or fix. You have 4 people you can order get items no problem, then comes one who overrides it making it wrong address after final no chance for buyer to be able to change it back. Crazy