Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric on hand (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-hand-t19925.html)

MadQuilter 05-16-2009 10:02 PM

I told you that DH and I were going to stop at the Thimblecreek quilt store today.....and they had the perfect backing fabric for floral scrap quilt - so I bought 6 yards. They also had a great selection of 30s repro and I need some backing for my MIL's quilt - so I bought 6 yards. Then they had a BEAUTIFUL black-based paisley that called to me - so I bought 9 yards. Lordylordy - what am I going to do? I feel so weak. (But happy)

Ninnie 05-16-2009 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Hey quiltncrazy - my feeling is that the MBR doesn't need to be the biggest BR in the house. Just needs to be big enough for a bed, closet & dresser - and of course needs to be close to a bathroom. The BIGGEST room in the HOUSE has to be big enough to hold my STASH! Or in my case 2 rooms. The smallest room in the house holds my 2 sewing machines & serger, a small closet full of batting and sewing stuff, 2 dressers full of STASH & scraps, all upper walls lined with bookcases full of STASH, and a filing cabinet with patterns & other stuff. The biggest bedroom has bookcases with STASH, an ironing board, a big cutting table with STASH under it, a chair hidden under WIPs, 2 small dressers with scraps and 4 small dressers with languishing (I love that word) other crafts (scrapbooking & pictures, jewelry-making stuff & beads). My design wall is in the hall between the 2 rooms. I suppose I should take pictures - but I have to finish the black and white exchange blocks first. I'll take a picture of the STASH and sewing room when I do that AND a picture for my new avatar. Whew ! I can't believe I just said all that.

Sharon, can I come to your house and play? :lol: :lol:

Ninnie

JoanneS 05-17-2009 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I told you that DH and I were going to stop at the Thimblecreek quilt store today.....and they had the perfect backing fabric for floral scrap quilt - so I bought 6 yards. They also had a great selection of 30s repro and I need some backing for my MIL's quilt - so I bought 6 yards. Then they had a BEAUTIFUL black-based paisley that called to me - so I bought 9 yards. Lordylordy - what am I going to do? I feel so weak. (But happy)

The black-based paisley sound like the perfect fabric for a 'one Block wonder' - have you looked at that thread? I'm glad you had a great chance to stock up. Great DH :wink:

MadQuilter 05-17-2009 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
The black-based paisley sound like the perfect fabric for a 'one Block wonder' - have you looked at that thread? I'm glad you had a great chance to stock up. Great DH :wink:

No, haven't checked that one out. Actually, I thought I would use it as the backing for a queen-sized quilt yet to be identified. ...and yes: GREAT DH. He kept walking around pointing to different fabrics that he thought I might like. (He's my enabler - lol)

thismomquilts 05-17-2009 01:11 PM

i used to think i had way too much fabric to be legal - until i had to make four quilts and really had no money to spend - i was able to find at least 80 fat quarters worth of material - if not more - plus the 5" borders and backing and binding - all in my sewing room - and I could do that several times over STILL

TeresaP 05-17-2009 01:38 PM

I love the honesty of this thread. It's one I wn't be sharing with my DH though, he just doesn't understand the need to touch, feel, and even inhale fabric. I find that the feel of fabric is often a determiner for what I buy.

I used to buy heaps of fabrics for all sorts of projects (yes I SEW too)and as a result have the stash to prove it. Every now and again I visit with my stash and decide that for the next project I still need a few other pieces. I am a lost cause but happy that I know I'm not alone.

sewaholic 05-17-2009 01:43 PM

I now find it easier to go out and buy a bit of a certain fabric than looking through ALL of my stash. But I will not put my name on that comment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoanneS 05-17-2009 02:23 PM

You win :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ninnie 05-17-2009 02:33 PM

I have bought a piece of material, and then later going through my stash, found out that I already had some of it! :oops: :oops:
Please don't tell on me!

:lol: :lol:

Ninnie

sewjoyce 05-17-2009 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I have bought a piece of material, and then later going through my stash, found out that I already had some of it! :oops: :oops:
Please don't tell on me!

:lol: :lol:

Ninnie

Won't tell -- I promise :lol: :lol:

Just as long as you don't tell anyone that I've done the same thing :oops: :oops: